Will any of you think twice about planning a trip to Universal or any park Orlando theme park next year?

This is the time of year my allergies are especially bad. You can imagine how much fun it is for me when I have an attack while I'm out in public :rotfl:
OMG me too!! And I have asthma so I will cough too. Impatiently waiting on regular doctor to open back up as I think I may need to start allergy shots-it has been awful this year.

Yeah have September booked already, Trying to talk DH in November (over Thanksgiving), and planning on August if parks are open when we move middle kid to college. My only hesitation would be is if masks are required. Have you ever sneezed in a mask? yeah not pretty.

Will it be safe? To me, it will be as safe as it ever was. People are more likely to die from "something" than this virus. You know, people mover accidents and sinking boats... lol. I've been working every day since this started. My wife went back to work today. So much of the fear is that a lot of people may not even realize the world is still operating outside their door.

However, if they have restrictions that I'm not a fan of, no, we won't go. Meaning, if they plan on keeping pools closed, enforce masks, social distancing, etc. I'll just find something else to do. It sucks, because I'm not sure what we'll do with DVC points if that's the case.

We have trips in July and October booked. Will hold onto them both until we know for sure what we are looking at.

I'm hoping next year thinks will be more back to normal. I imagine there will be a lot of restrictions on things this year but hopefully by next summer things are relatively normal
I have a feeling we will see some permanent/semi-permanent changes take place in parks and other areas though to help for viruses in general. Look at events like 9/11 or other bombing attempts. Security measures increase greatly and are now just the norm for places

We're all in for our Thanksgiving trip to USO/WDW. Hoping that more normal conditions are back in place 6 months from now....but we're going come hell or high water. Not afraid in the least, just worried that overcautious efforts will still be in place. Time will tell.......hats off to those going this summer to help set the standard!

Think twice? No. Open tomorrow and I'll be there!

Yes, I will follow any guidelines they set in place without complaining. Yes, I've seen the results of varying degrees of this horrible virus up close in person. 🤷‍♀️

Yes, completely agree.

I have seen folks say usually on these boards, they think if we have plans to still go, we must have no clue how this virus works and we are crazy. Most of us most certainly do know and understand the virus. It`s condescending to read when folks say that.

Let those that want to stay home, stay home, but let those that want to go, carry on without the dispraging comments that seem to be floating around.

Good luck......hope you get to visit as soon as YOU want to :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Yes, completely agree.

I have seen folks say usually on these boards, they think if we have plans to still go, we must have no clue how this virus works and we are crazy. Most of us most certainly do know and understand the virus. It`s condescending to read when folks say that.

Let those that want to stay home, stay home, but let those that want to go, carry on with the dispraging comments that seem to be floating around.

I am so very (im)patiently waiting for the U.K. FCO to lift the travel advisory and for Pres. T and Boris to have a little chat to agree that I can travel to the U.S. 😉. If I can travel on 1 July and the parks are open, I will be there. My flights are still showing on the British Airways app, so I have hope. I received a cancelled flight notice from British Airways yesterday and my heart dropped, but it was for a flight my son had booked on 15 August 2020 from Argentina to the U.K. and he has already returned from South America due to Covid.

I am so very (im)patiently waiting for the U.K. FCO to lift the travel advisory and for Pres. T and Boris to have a little chat to agree that I can travel to the U.S. 😉. If I can travel on 1 July and the parks are open, I will be there. My flights are still showing on the British Airways app, so I have hope. I received a cancelled flight notice from British Airways yesterday and my heart dropped, but it was for a flight my son had booked on 15 August 2020 from Argentina to the U.K. and he has already returned from South America due to Covid.

lol......yes, impatient is probably a good word! I do have one friend who I’d describe as “desperate” as she is becoming an American Citizen this year, and that has been postponed, she is here for now, but not so patiently awaiting clearance to fly.

Fingers crossed for you for July. Oh gosh yes, your heart sinks when you get “the“ email......and it’s something else......lol......

Will keep everything crossed for you :thumbsup2

Yes, completely agree.

Let those that want to stay home, stay home, but let those that want to go, carry on with the dispraging comments that seem to be floating around.

lets-all-stay-inside-until-nothing-bad-ever-happens-again.jpg

I’m going to wait for a vaccine. I was planning on going back when they open their next gate. I went last year, so I’m in no rush. I really want to go GE at DLR this year, but now I’ll wait mainly because I expect a lot of people to not follow the rules.

I'll be booking mid-August 2020 for 5 nights at PBH tomorrow 👍.

I'd have already done it today but this stupid work thing keeps getting in my way 😂.

We're SUPER excited, masks & all!

ETA: Ha! I actually was left alone for 5 whole minutes aaaand....we're booked :cool1:!

Last edited:
We’re still on board to book for November 2021, but we’ve both decided that if the restrictions are still to high, such as wearing a mask, we’ll reconsider. It’s still pretty hot in November in Orlando and I don’t think wearing a mask for over 8 hours a day at a park is doable for me. I do worry about park capacity since a lot of people who were scheduled to go this year are rescheduling to next year. I’ll be the first to say that I’ve been taking this social distancing seriously, but I also know that we have to keep living our lives, so we’re planning with optimism. Time will tell as far as this virus goes. I pray every night that it’ll be over soon and that those affected are healing in the best way possible.

I'm thinking twice about all travel these days, even visiting family. I'm only booking things that are fully refundable and can easily be canceled (for air, only considering places that I can go to on Southwest with point that I can easily get back).

We did an Orlando trip last December and a cruise in February (Day at the MK before that too) that were really enjoyable (no issues), and I feel really fortunate that we got those in, as I'm not sure if/when we'll do anything like these again. I'm inclined to lay off theme parks for a while and for what limited travel we do, do things that are less popular and and easier from a social distancing perspective.

I'm going to resist for the next year, but I have to admit that Universal, Disney, or SeaWorld with low crowds does sound very tempting. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. Every person I know has a different take on all of this. People I know in the medical profession seem to be the most cautious of the bunch also.

Last edited:
Were within driving distance but won't go, unusual for us. Not concerned about the virus itself but it'd be extremely tough with a mask and any closures etc. Don't imagine any of that ever changing, especially not next year

We are annual pass holders.

We have tentatively booked Vegas and Orlando for end of June through July 5.

We had our spring break trip to NYC canceled so r are redeeming airline vouchers. But the flights are dirt cheap. $25 from home to Vegas and $17.50 Vegas to Orlando, and then $45 for Orlando to home. Overall it would be a dirt cheap trip with cheap flights, comped Vegas rooms. Only thing we would have to pay for is food in Vegas and hotel and food Orlando.

If we back out if things aren’t great we won’t be out any money. It’s worth it just to hold Incase things are okay in late June - July.

Hoping WDW is also partially reopened but if it isn’t no big deal. We have sea world platinum passes as well so we would probably hit up sea world and Busch gardens of WDW isn’t open.

Hopefully things hold and turn out well.

Changed our June 19-24 WDW trip to a shorter mixed bag of whatever is open in Orlando trip. We have 1 day 2 park Universal tickets with express extra for Jun 22. My son and grandson have never been to Universal, and I have only been twice. We will arrive early and hope to get in, since we don't know how they are limiting capacity yet. If I have to book a one night Universal hotel stay I will, but I hope that is not necessary. I am 67 but healthy. I will wear the mask, wash the hands, use the hand sanitizer I will bring multiples of to keep in my pocket. Personally, I feel this is not going away completely. There may be years before a vaccine is available, which may not be 100% effective. I also feel there will be more safety precautions in effect early on after openings, and places will relax these as times goes on, whether or not there is much change in rate of infection. I actually feel safer going early on than later on. We will have our car, no plane travel or UBER needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!