Will DISNEY have to Guarantee admission

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point Disney is going to have to get past the public/political perception of opening up "too soon". The vocal minority get freaked out when they see a crowd now.

I see it here locally. Our beaches opened back up, but pretty much to people living on the islands (because public parking is closed), yet you still here complains and worry about the "crowded beaches" (spoiler: they aren't very crowded). So people are conditioned now to freak out when they see a bunch of people gathering in a single place even though it is vastly spread out and OUTSIDE. I went to a state park .. lots of people there, but no more "on top" of each other than any other (non-virus) time I'd go there.

The day Disney opens up and you'll see pictures of people waiting in some line (to get in, for a ride, whatever) and a "crowded" Main Street and they "stay locked up until it's safe" crowd will go to Twitter and bash the company for being "greedy" and "unsafe".

So ..Disney may wait for a while for that OR may not have to guarantee admission . as there is just a big segment of the population that seems content to stay locked away for months and so there just may not be enough people there to reach capacity.

I am little confused or maybe its because I haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee. Am I reading that people who have booked reservations at hotels on property get access to the park before people who are staying off property. Please correct me if I have this wrong. Thanks in advance,

I am little confused or maybe its because I haven't had my 2nd cup of coffee. Am I reading that people who have booked reservations at hotels on property get access to the park before people who are staying off property. Please correct me if I have this wrong. Thanks in advance,
Historically, that is the case. When the parks get close to capacity, on-site resort guests and AP holders have the highest priority for getting in to the parks. Disney basically starts limiting who can get in to the park before totally closing it if the park totally fills up.

There has not been anything announced as to how they will handle the reduced capacity in parks based on state guidance for COVID.

Unofficially staying onsite guarantees you entrance to at least one park. In practice Disney almost never closes any park to resort guests. Certainly can be an issue if MK or DHS is closed multiple days at the time you want to visit.

Better to think of it this way.

If disney has to restrict access to the parks for capacity reasons, resort guests are the last ones to be denied entry.

I don't think they need to rebuild anyone's trust, and trying to bribe people to attend the parks certainly isn't the way to do it. If they make any discounts it will be for small, low-key things. the last thing WDW want to be shown doing is trying to lure people to the park.

If they want to open, and if people want to come, that's enough. They haven't done anything wrong in this pandemic and they don't need to restore public confidence in them. They are already going to get hit hard by some people for opening at all -- they won't actively be trying to entice people to come for a very long time.

I completely agree with this. They have a big enough audience with locals, FL residents and guests from drive-in states. If they are going to open in phases or at reduced capacity, the last thing they will want to do is create the perception that they are actively trying to entice massive crowds to come to the parks. Fear of travel or even the inability to travel right now may actually work to their advantage. If WDW can hit that sweet spot of reducing capacity while still delivering a safe and enjoyable guest experience (and safe working environment for their CMs), they are going to come of this looking fantastic. I think the last thing they want to do is to flood the gates and have to backpedal should an outbreak occur amongst guests and/or CMs.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Does this mean if a person has a reservation to stay at resort on property and has park passes will get to enter before someone staying at a non Disney hotel and no ticket until they arrive at particular park?

Please correct me if I am wrong. Does this mean if a person has a reservation to stay at resort on property and has park passes will get to enter before someone staying at a non Disney hotel and no ticket until they arrive at particular park?
We don't know yet.

Shanghai Disney is reopening on Monday and just posted this. If it's successful for them I would imagine something similar here. Probably won't matter if your a Florida resident, onsite guest, passholder or whatever, you'll need to obtain dated tickets for the date(s) you want to go.

Shanghai Disneyland Reopens with Controlled Capacity on May 11

Ticket sales will be available via the resort’s official online channels and official travel partners’ channels beginning on May 8 at 8:00 a.m., with a limited number of tickets available each day during the initial reopening. Guests are required to purchase dated admission tickets prior to their arrival, and Annual Pass holders must make a reservation for their visit date and time through the resort’s official online channels before their visit to the park. During this “Advanced Reservation Period,” General Admission tickets for Shanghai Disneyland will not be accepted.

It was disclosed by Chapeck that Shanghai’s capacity is 80K and less then 24K will be admitted during the initial phase of opening

Curious if I should cancel my annual pass in case I have a hard time gaining admission but still paying regardless. Hmmm...

An average day at Disney World is 65% capacity. 50% capacity wouldn't be as small of crowds as you might think. However, I do think that crowds will end up naturally being quite a bit below 50% even without any rule in place. People are going to be hesitant to get on planes, some people may not want to pay the money for only part of the Disney experience, and international guests probably won't be able to come to Disney World for a while.

And how do you know what the Capacity is of each park? HS/MK/AK/Epcot? That is estimated/guessed/assumed on some sites, but has never been published and is a guess at best..

Even 2 sites I have been to says 100,000 is max capacity of MK, then Orlando Sentinel says 50,000 is max
capacity of MK...????? And that is only 2 sites!

DeerH

And how do you know what the Capacity is of each park? HS/MK/AK/Epcot? That is estimated/guessed/assumed on some sites, but has never been published and is a guess at best..

Even 2 sites I have been to says 100,000 is max capacity of MK, then Orlando Sentinel says 50,000 is max
capacity of MK...????? And that is only 2 sites!

DeerH
The number of guests at capacity doesn’t matter when we’re talking in percentages.

I have seen from a disney bus I was on. That they closed MK parking lot. Letting no one park in the parking lot. That was on July 4 th in the afternoon. Not saying you could of gotten in early.

Remember they will only open with one park, probably for a long time. They won't need to worry about park hoping for a while. That seems almost impossible.

I think all Disney hotel guests will be granted priority to get in. Ie maybe they need to commit 48 hrs before or something like that in the app so they have a number.

The real issue is going to be off campus hotels. No matter what they do some people will just know disney is open and show up. Have to hope less international visitors for a while, but this is gonna be insanely complex to manage!

To the parks. Before guest spend all the money to fly and stay at a hotel. Disney must guarantee park admission before I spend thousands to go there. I would not be happy to be told. You can not get into the parks.

I think Disney has to provide big discounts on everything. Why pay full price on a ticket when there is nothing full about the experience? Why pay same price on a hotel, if you can't go into a pool or are restricted? ( All my own speculation of course. Not saying that would happen, but I damn sure am not paying my normal pricing for a park that isn't the park I remember. Also why I am not going when beginning opening )

This. I can't imagine that they would have people fly in, stay at their resorts, and only have one park open for people to go to for their week long vacation.
Honestly, I can imagine them doing almost anything. But to just declare it’s so, with no actual facts that back that up irks me just a bit, opinions and guessing is all we have right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter