Will DISNEY have to Guarantee admission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not and do not have any plans to go back until or children ( with grandchildren???) invite us in 15 years or so. My concern is public safety. My music minister goes 3 times or more a year with his family as do others. They will all come back and infect us if Disney doesn't do this right!!!!!!

You do realize that they could pick it up at the grocery store and infect you, right?

I can't see this even coming into play, most people will not want to travel when it first opens and are going to take a wait and see approach as well. Another thing I have to mention is honestly not many people want to pay all this money to not see and fireworks, parades or character meets and will just move their trip to 2021. Now I know nothing was confirmed cancelled to my knowledge but I am going to assume it probably will be for at least a couple months. The main thing most people don't understand is wdw is a huge hub for international travelers and I would be very shocked if disney allows international travelers into the parks in 2020 at all. I am very interested to see what parks will open and after listening to Pete, he echoed what I was thinking, Epcot is probably going to stay closed. I have a trip in late August and I will go as long as we are permitted too. Going to be an interesting week or two as the news comes out about what parks are opening and also what the priority will be. Hoping all are safe and looking forward to being back home!

Another thing I have to mention is honestly not many people want to pay all this money to not see and fireworks, parades or character meets and will just move their trip to 2021.

....Epcot is probably going to stay closed.
This is me exactly. I typically spend upwards of $3,000 on resort, tickets, and sundries when I'm at WDW and, as much as I'd LOVE to spend a week just at Fort Wilderness tooling around in my golf cart, I sure as hell won't be spending 3K to do it. Not to mention that EPCOT is one of my favorite parks so if it's closed, it's really not worth parting with that much money to me. I can wait until 2021.

You do realize that they could pick it up at the grocery store and infect you, right?
I'm sorry, but going into a grocery store for a few essentials with a mask on everyone has a MUCH MUCH smaller chance of infecting someone than being with 30,000-40,000 people in close proximity. ( Still not sure how you social distance and really run Disney.)

I'm sorry, but going into a grocery store for a few essentials with a mask on everyone has a MUCH MUCH smaller chance of infecting someone than being with 30,000-40,000 people in close proximity. ( Still not sure how you social distance and really run Disney.)

Not sure where you live, but where I am, the stores are packed with people and less than half wear masks.

The main thing most people don't understand is wdw is a huge hub for international travelers and I would be very shocked if disney allows international travelers into the parks in 2020 at all. I am very interested to see what parks will open and after listening to Pete, he echoed what I was thinking, Epcot is probably going to stay closed. I have a trip in late August and I will go as long as we are permitted too. Going to be an interesting week or two as the news comes out about what parks are opening and also what the priority will be. Hoping all are safe and looking forward to being back home!
I imagine many people understand how many international travelers go to the park. Whenever I stay at a hotel (on or off property), I always run in foreign visitors and I imagine most other people also do.

Having said that. Why would Disney ban international travelers and not New York residents? Picked New York as it is a know hot sport here in the states.

I imagine many people understand how many international travelers go to the park. Whenever I stay at a hotel (on or off property), I always run in foreign visitors and I imagine most other people also do.

Having said that. Why would Disney ban international travelers and not New York residents? Picked New York as it is a know hot sport here in the states.
This is based on the travel ban in place, I find it hard to believe that this will be lifted significantly during this year to be honest as it shouldn't be. And yeah you might know that but a decent amount of people never even realize how big of an international hub Disney is for foreigners. I live near the city so I know the area has been hit hard but I also never said that people from my area will be allowed as I said if permitted to and doesn't Florida have a mandatory 14 day quarantine from ny/nj travelers or was that lifted? The main point I was making is I doubt people should worry about disney guaranteeing admission because I personally think that they already know what the plan is(at least a solid idea), and also doubt a lot of people are going to even want to travel anywhere for a few months let alone disney where its pretty close quarters lol.

I don't think Disney will ban international travelers but I do expect the US to ban entry from a lot of foreign countries for the forseeable future. Even if the US doesn't ban entry, I would expect that most countries will enforce 14 day quarantines for people returning from the US which will make traveling impossible.

YEa I think travel restrictions will be laxed after stuff reopens more.
And not sure if it was mentioned earlier int he post but I don't think worries of admission will be an issue. I would guess Disney will do like many others and you have to reserve your day at the park in advance online so you will know if theres room or not. Msot parks seem to be going that way when you buy tickets you select the day. This way they know they won't break capacity and guests won't travel to the parks for nothing

To the parks. Before guest spend all the money to fly and stay at a hotel. Disney must guarantee park admission before I spend thousands to go there. I would not be happy to be told. You can not get into the parks.

Perhaps it is forgotten here Disney is private property a they really don't need to guarantee you anything. That aside, it probably best you wait a long year if you wish to have anything close to what you hope to be an experience worth your thousands of dollars spent.

Perhaps it is forgotten here Disney is private property a they really don't need to guarantee you anything. That aside, it probably best you wait a long year if you wish to have anything close to what you hope to be an experience worth your thousands of dollars spent.

If someone buys X from a company, and X changes what that is after the transaction, then yes, that's a problem. I'm not sure what "private property" has to do with it.

Disney does not have to guarantee you admissions. That being understood. Disney wants me to pay $300 + something to stay at there hotels. buy there food. Personally unless I am guarantee admission to there parks. At least in the morning. It would be a wast of money to just sit in there hotel rooms.
I could stay at motel 6. For that experience

There's a difference between what they legally could do, and what they could do from a public relations standpoint. Yes, they have the right to deny you entry to the park for a wide variety of reasons, from hurricanes to pandemics to intoxication. When they open, they'll likely have the right to bar you from entry if you have a cough or a temperature. However, if they open back up, let people book vacation packages, and then most guests can't actually get into parks, there would be an uproar and hurt them in a BIG way. There would already be some people upset that they're opening at all, some people upset that they need to wear masks to visit, and now you're pissing off the one group left in the middle by taking money from too many guests you can't let in? They'd have to be stupid to do that, and they're taking all of this way too carefully for that to be a likely scenario.

For Shanghai, guests had to make reservations for the day to be allowed in. This is similar to what they did for SW:GE, and at least at Disneyland it backfired pretty big time because people stayed away, assuming it would be a mad-house. Shanghai differs from Orlando in a few key ways:
1) Very few on-site hotels. Literally 2 of them.
2) It's very much a local's park. Some parks attract mostly locals or people within an easy drive/commute (Shanghai, California, Tokyo); others bank far more on visitors from outside the immediate area (Orlando, Paris).
Obviously some people come from far away to visit all of the parks, but the bulk of guests at Shanghai don't need to hop an international flight to get there. Most people don't spend an entire week there. You take the subway or Didi (Chinese Uber) out there for the day and then go home. If you're from another part of China, maybe you spend two days and go home Sunday night. But it's a far cry from the week-long vacation style in Orlando, where people book months or years in advance, reserve FP and ADRs ahead of time, even pre-order lunch at Be Our Guest a month out! That means that the reservation system a week before the proposed park day wouldn't even be possible at WDW. Instead, I suspect they'll implement the same system they've used for capacity for years (maybe even decades), which means that on-property guests are the last ones shut out of the park in question. Keep in mind also that capacity is measured for each park itself, not the whole of the World. MK may be at the limit for the afternoon (whether it's 25% total capacity, 30%, 50%, or 75%), but that doesn't mean EPCOT is. I also suspect that they will carefully track the availability of on-property hotel rooms with the park capacity. They are unlikely to open up 100% of hotel rooms (even if they logistically could) if they're only at 25% capacity in the parks.

So while they don't have to guarantee admission, I think they will do everything they can to avoid a situation that forces them to block on-site and/or multi-day-ticketed guests from the parks. It's in their best interest to make sure that doesn't happen, certainly not often.

There's a difference between what they legally could do, and what they could do from a public relations standpoint. Yes, they have the right to deny you entry to the park for a wide variety of reasons, from hurricanes to pandemics to intoxication. When they open, they'll likely have the right to bar you from entry if you have a cough or a temperature. However, if they open back up, let people book vacation packages, and then most guests can't actually get into parks, there would be an uproar and hurt them in a BIG way. There would already be some people upset that they're opening at all, some people upset that they need to wear masks to visit, and now you're pissing off the one group left in the middle by taking money from too many guests you can't let in? They'd have to be stupid to do that, and they're taking all of this way too carefully for that to be a likely scenario.

For Shanghai, guests had to make reservations for the day to be allowed in. This is similar to what they did for SW:GE, and at least at Disneyland it backfired pretty big time because people stayed away, assuming it would be a mad-house. Shanghai differs from Orlando in a few key ways:
1) Very few on-site hotels. Literally 2 of them.
2) It's very much a local's park. Some parks attract mostly locals or people within an easy drive/commute (Shanghai, California, Tokyo); others bank far more on visitors from outside the immediate area (Orlando, Paris).
Obviously some people come from far away to visit all of the parks, but the bulk of guests at Shanghai don't need to hop an international flight to get there. Most people don't spend an entire week there. You take the subway or Didi (Chinese Uber) out there for the day and then go home. If you're from another part of China, maybe you spend two days and go home Sunday night. But it's a far cry from the week-long vacation style in Orlando, where people book months or years in advance, reserve FP and ADRs ahead of time, even pre-order lunch at Be Our Guest a month out! That means that the reservation system a week before the proposed park day wouldn't even be possible at WDW. Instead, I suspect they'll implement the same system they've used for capacity for years (maybe even decades), which means that on-property guests are the last ones shut out of the park in question. Keep in mind also that capacity is measured for each park itself, not the whole of the World. MK may be at the limit for the afternoon (whether it's 25% total capacity, 30%, 50%, or 75%), but that doesn't mean EPCOT is. I also suspect that they will carefully track the availability of on-property hotel rooms with the park capacity. They are unlikely to open up 100% of hotel rooms (even if they logistically could) if they're only at 25% capacity in the parks.

So while they don't have to guarantee admission, I think they will do everything they can to avoid a situation that forces them to block on-site and/or multi-day-ticketed guests from the parks. It's in their best interest to make sure that doesn't happen, certainly not often.

I think this is a really good comment and sort of underscores a large number of scenarios and considerations when reopening the resorts and parks. It seems that Disney has been pretty accommodating so far, and I suspect it will continue to rationalize decisions based on long-term effects. I envision new "rules" surrounding the number of people allowed at the parks and resorts. I expect that these types of things will be cleared with customers before arriving and certainly before attending the parks.

I have no inside information, but I would guess resort properties will start out 50-75 percent and the parks themselves 25-33 percent. This would mean that some sort of process would exist on at least a weekly basis to ensure the numbers do not go over the maximums. In another thread, some people who had reservations were sent a survey to gauge interest in a visit, so maybe something similar would happen month over month (for example, if Disney is counting bookings for the first week of August, it would send out surveys a couple of weeks in advance to confirm).

If nothing else, Disney is thorough and will go to great lengths to ensure that it has a practical solution to opening the park and not destroying goodwill. Sure, there will always be some people upset about whatever is decided, but I think it's possible to establish reasonable rules and accommodate a decent number of guests.

I do not think either of you understand corporate politics. The Disney company wants the parks full! If any of you think the board members give a lick about guest safety you really pull your head out of the sand.

The Disney Co will be provided cover by the Sate of Florida (ie “they said we could”) and the second covid wave that WILL come as Americans leave big cities and travel during summer... Disney will not standout because it will be happening in everywhere!

The purpose of corporate culture in America is to maximize profit. You really are living in Fantasy Land if you think they care about safety in any way shape or form. There is no safety from Covid at a place like Disney, it’s impossible for them to run a park and make money at 30% capacity, that’s the level it would take to make it work.

If you go To WDW in 2020, you are lying to yourself about your safety just to check the Mickey box. Go, have fun, just stop saying it’s going to be “safe”. And PLEASE stop saying how hard they are working to keep you safe, pure fantasy.

You do know that Shanghai Disney opened at 33 percent capacity, right?

Wrong, they have not been provided corporate cover by the State of Florida or the Federal Government. If they chose to open now they would be legally (ie fiscally) responsible. There will be a federal blanket indemnity or airlines/theaters/theme parks could never open due to legal trouble.

The Disney Co doesn’t pay the CM’s enough to afford food/shelter, if you think they REALLY care about your health...
Airlines never shut down through this situation. Disney is going to open when they think they can do it safely. I don't think their main concern is getting sued. Their main concern is preventing a breakout that could be tied back to the parks. That would be a disaster.

If you think Disney (or any park/resort for that matter) could get away with selling vacation packages that contained tickets, but then didn't honor the tickets, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Disney may refund your park tickets (even then the terms of service outline specific reasons where they would have to), but just because you bought them in a package with a Disney resort stay would not obligate them to refund the cost of your stay unless you cancelled your trip. All that Disney is obligated to provide you with a resort booking (whether as part of a package or not) is a hotel room in the room category you payed for. So long as they do that and you stay at the resort, they owe you nothing. Yes, there aren't many people who would stay at a Disney resort if there were no parks (especially at the inflated rates Disney charges compared to other resorts with similar room and service standards) but that doesn't change what Disney is obligated to provide or not.

I think it would be a problem if Disney did not allow people refunds on their trips knowing that the lower capacity could limit access, but if you choose to go and stay at the hotel knowing you might be unable to get into the parks, you would probably only be entitled to a refund of your tickets at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter