Will I go once, twice, not at all? Will I runDisney? A Fall '19 PTR(s)

Well, the newest hurricane models are looking more promising but we are still waiting around on pins and needles to see what actually happens. If MCO continues with their plan to close on Monday, I'm really doubting we'll be able to fly in on Tuesday morning. We luckily don't have any major fastpasses or ADR's on Tuesday but we also don't want to miss any more of our vacation than we have to. I don't think I'll ever plan a Fall trip again :umbrella:
I'm doing some final preparations today and tomorrow while trying to think positively. I got my hair cut and colored this morning, finished up some end of the month invoicing and payroll for work, and I really need to finish packing (ugh). I have no more excuses to procrastinate, the final items I needed were delivered by Amazon last night. I also need to get everything ready for my pets and my mom, who is staying at my house during the trip.

In happier news, tomorrow is my Fastpass day for my next trip. This will be the first time I've booked my own fastpasses and I'm hoping MDX isn't overloaded due to people changing plans because of Dorian. As long as I can get a FoP on one of my AK days, I'll be happy!

Fastpasses are booked for trip #2! I was up at 5:30 this morning to get my pets fed and quieted down by 6. I had coffee in my lucky Aliens mug, a breakfast shake, and my spreadsheet, so I was ready to rock!
Aek96Qj.jpg

I got everything I wanted on the days I wanted and the times are pretty good too. I also didn't have any issues with MDX. I'm really hating the tiers at Hollywood Studios though. I didn't even make a fastpass for Tower of Terror so I'm hoping for a day of fastpasses or just shorter lines.

Without further ado, THE PLAN:

Oct. 31st:
Flight departs at 7am, arrive just after 11am local time.
Head to POFQ, drop carry ons with bell services and grab lunch.
Head to the Expo to pick up my bibs. I'm hoping this won't take too long as I don't plan on shopping.
Off to Animal Kingdom! This is my favorite park and my dad has never been here. He took us to WDW when I was about 10, so many decades ago.
4:10 Everest- we might miss this one depending on timing. It's my favorite ride but my dad may not ride anyway since he HATES heights.
5:20 Na'vi River
6:15 dinner at Yak & Yeti- new to me!
7:15 Dinosaur
Off to bed for an early start

Nov 1st:
5K for me in the morning, hopefully back by 9ish to shower and grab some food
Head to EPCOT around 10:30
11:55 Test Track- my dad is an engineer and a car fanatic so this should be a hit!
1:10 Spaceship Earth
2:15 Living with the Land
5:55 dinner at Garden Grill - ALL the carbs for me, plus fairly simple food to not upset my stomach

Nov 2nd:
10K for me in the morning
Head to Magic Kingdom after showering and eating
11:45 Big Thunder Mountain
1:40 7 Dwarfs Mine Train
2:55 Jungle Cruise
5:05 dinner at Skipper Canteen - we'll get all the Dad jokes today!
I tried to space out the plan for today so I can take it slow

Nov 3rd:
Half marathon for me
No idea when I'll be done. I've never run a half before.
Assuming I survive :laughing: we'll head to Hollywood Studios. At least it's a small park.
1:55 Star Tours
3:30 Beauty and the Beast Live (not sure if we'll watch or just waste the FP)
4:10 dinner at Mama Melrose - even more carbs!!
6:10 Slinky Dog Dash, I'm hoping the lights have come on for the evening!
I'm also hoping we can see the Star Wars Fireworks tonight. I've been thinking about adding a dessert party but we'll see. If the worst happens and my current trip gets canceled, I'll do it for sure.
Maybe Galaxy's Edge? We'll see how beat I am and what the crowds are like.

Nov 4th:
MY BIRTHDAY!
Maybe a later start, we'll see.
11am- Rhino tour!
1:00- lunch at Tiffins with the Rivers of Light package
2:50- Safari
4:55- Flight of Passage
6:10- Everest
Maybe watch Rivers of Light or just enjoy Pandora after dark. I'm also thinking Satuuli or Flame Tree for dinner.

Nov. 5th:
Magic Kingdom
9:25 Pirates
10:50 Peter Pan
1:20 Space Mtn.
5:05 dinner at The Wave
Happily Ever After, also a potential dessert party but I think I've heard the Star Wars one includes alcohol???

Nov. 6th:
EPCOT
9:15 Soarin'
10:25 Figment
11:30 Mission Space
5:15 dinner at San Angel Inn
Plan is to spend most of the day in World Showcase

Nov. 7th:
Hollywood Studios
Hopefully Galaxy's Edge
9:25 Toy Story Mania
10:40 Star Tours (maybe)
12:45 Indiana Jones (maybe)
Flight home departs at 6:20 pm so we'll have to catch the Tragical Express in the afternoon.

I'm all packed up for this week's trip and I'm still watching all the hurricane updates. It's still looking more positive but who knows? I'm crossing my fingers as hard as I can!

Glad the fastpasses went well. The tiers at HS are the worst! I can only hope it makes same day FP pickups easier.

We’re there the same time but doesn’t look like we’re doing any of the same things at the same time lol. We are running the 5k but aren’t brave enough to attempt any of the other races.

I’ve done the Star Wars and HEA dessert parties and the Star Wars does include alcohol and HEA doesn’t. I enjoyed the Star Wars one much more and felt it was a better value.

Are you going to go to the After party for Wine and Dine? We’re planning to buy tickets to it because we enjoyed it so much last year!

Glad the fastpasses went well. The tiers at HS are the worst! I can only hope it makes same day FP pickups easier.
That's my hope too!

We’re there the same time but doesn’t look like we’re doing any of the same things at the same time lol. We are running the 5k but aren’t brave enough to attempt any of the other races.
Happy Fastpass Day to you too then! These are my first races ever and I'm definitely nervous

I’ve done the Star Wars and HEA dessert parties and the Star Wars does include alcohol and HEA doesn’t. I enjoyed the Star Wars one much more and felt it was a better value.
Good to know! Star Wars is a bigger draw for us overall anyway

Are you going to go to the After party for Wine and Dine? We’re planning to buy tickets to it because we enjoyed it so much last year!
I don't think so. I get a free ticket but my dad doesn't and I just don't think it would be worth the money for us.

Current trip update- We decided this morning to take Delta up on their free flight change offer and move our flight up to tomorrow evening instead of Tuesday morning. We weren't able to get an extra night at the Contemporary so we booked 1 night at the Poly instead. Hopefully this is all a good decision, the local weather reports I've been following still expect Dorian to stay off the coast. If it hits Florida, this was a really bad plan! Now off to add some water and snacks to my checked bag...

November Trip Update- one to get my heart racing (and not in a good way!)

I'm now 19 days out from my runDisney Wine and Dine trip. I saw on Facebook yesterday that bib numbers for the half marathon had been released so I tried to look mine up...and it said I didn't have a registration. I immediately logged in to my runDisney account and it stated that both my 5k and Challenge registrations had been cancelled by someone on September 12th! I was at work so emailed my TA with a giant "URGENT" headline to see what was up, since he booked the trip and the registrations for me. He actually got back to me right away and called Disney, who said everything was fine. He recommended I call runDisney to verify it anyway though. Thank goodness I did because after an hour on hold and being passed to 3 different people, they said someone had called on Sept. 12th and cancelled my registration and that the events are sold out now. I told her neither I nor my TA had called and cancelled and that I've been training my butt off for months to prepare for this event, which is on my birthday weekend, and there's no way I would cancel. She said she would call the event organizers to see what could be done and then she'd call me back. She never did call me back yesterday but I was emailed 2 "click here to confirm your registration links" last night, which allowed me to re-register at no charge. I'm assuming that all is good now since they both show up in my runDisney account. I still can't check my bib number since it's only been updated through Oct. 8th, but that's the least of my concerns now!

In better news, our Magic Bands came this week! Next I'll need to start packing and ordering whatever final items I'm missing to pack. My dad and I are both getting super excited for this trip!

It's the 5 day countdown! I finished most of my packing today except for the last few items I'm waiting to have delivered. I was finally able to access my waivers today since the registration mix up and unfortunately, I'll be in the last corral for the half marathon because my registration was "late". It really sucks not to have any time cushion for this and I hope I don't get swept, especially since I truly registered on the very first day. Everyone I know that is also running will be 2 corrals in front of me so no chance of catching them. I'm thinking I'll join one of the pace groups in my corral to have some companionship and to not worry as much about being too far behind. Even if I get swept, at least I'll get to be at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!