Will I have to pay to park with my last night at AKVs?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I have one night at a studio at the BC, two nights at the AKVs,- CL studio, and one more night at AKVs- value studio. The last night in the value studio I booked online directly with Disney. Will I have to pay to park?

If you payed cash, you won’t have to pay for parking.
Ok. All Ears stated if you were a DVC member and you stayed in a DVC unit you wouldn't have to pay regardless if you booked with points or other payment, so I was thinking I wouldn't.

I think basically it is like other areas, if you book, points or cash, through DVC Member Services you do not pay. If you booked directly through Disney cash reservations, you may have to pay.

I think basically it is like other areas, if you books, points or cash, through DVC Member Services you do not pay. If you booked directly through Disney cash reservations, you may have to pay.
Well I did book through Disney. So I am still wondering. Oh well.

The way I interpreted the policy, if a DVC member is staying in a DVC room, regardless of how it is booked or paid for, parking is free. I would recommend having your DVC card available at check-in to show member status for free parking.

From the Disney website:
Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

To me, paying cash is another form of payment. The site says nothing about needing to book through DVC to get free parking, just stay in a DVC villa.

Last edited:
The way I interpreted the policy, if a DVC member is staying in a DVC room, regardless of how it is booked or paid for, parking is free. I would recommend having your DVC card available at check-in to show member status for free parking.

From the Disney website:
Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

To me, paying cash is another form of payment. The site says nothing about needing to book through DVC to get free parking, just stay in a DVC villa.
Sounds good!:thumbsup2

Do our guests have to pay parking if we are staying in DVC room? For example the other family in our 2BR—I know we won’t be charged but will they?

Here is what it says on the DVC Member website:

Walt Disney World Resort hotel parking

Effective for reservations made on March 21, 2018 and thereafter, Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel will be charged for standard overnight self-parking.

Disney Vacation Club Members who wish to shop, dine or enjoy activities for the day at a Disney Resort hotel are not subject to the overnight self-parking fee. Charges for valet parking will still apply

So if the OP is a member neither her family nor her guests staying in her 2BR will have to pay parking.

Here is what it says on the DVC Member website:

So if the OP is a member neither her family nor her guests staying in her 2BR will have to pay parking.
Not a 2BR, a Value studio night piggy backing two nights in a Club Level studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter