Will Iger bring the orchestra back to the Grand Floridian?

dvc lover 1970

DIS Veteran
Here’s to hoping with the return of Iger will come the return of things very much missed, one of which is the orchestra that played in the lobby of the grand floridian. We would get a drink and sit in the lobby just to listen to them. I am certain if they return the orchestra there will be more demand in many of their lounges:) Here’s to hoping

I also enjoy listening to that orchestra - it's amazing. But on the list of things Iger probably has that he wants/needs to address, this probably isn't on it!! But it'll be nice when it eventually returns!

Wasn't the space occupied by the orchestra re purposed?

Yes, the orchestra was moved when they converted Mizners and the surrounding space to Enchanted Rose. For a period of time thereafter the orchestra occupied a space on the first floor formerly used as the concierge desks (which was an awkward location, in my opinion). This was 2019 or so.

I think anything that costs money and would be considered ‘nice if it returned’ is going tO be a hard NO.

I think Iger is going to do as much as he can to nursing the Chapek bell….

If it cost money to bring repeat guests back, it is money well spent….

if it cost money and it is background…. I think it will be low on the list

I think Iger is going to do as much as he can to nursing the Chapek bell….

If it cost money to bring repeat guests back, it is money well spent….

if it cost money and it is background…. I think it will be low on the list
Agree with this, but I hope he realizes the value in the orchestra at GF lobby. It increases the amount of time people want to spend there which also increases sales in their lounges I would speculate.

Agree with this, but I hope he realizes the value in the orchestra at GF lobby. It increases the amount of time people want to spend there which also increases sales in their lounges I would speculate.
All due respect to your opinion and perspective of wanting the music back, it's likely that it's just a very small percentage of guests that ever make it to the GF and a much smaller percentage who spend time in the lounges. Way more issues around the 10s of thousands of people doing the parks and restaurants and transportation systems and ticket purchases - all of which have their own issues right now.

Here’s to hoping with the return of Iger will come the return of things very much missed, one of which is the orchestra that played in the lobby of the grand floridian. We would get a drink and sit in the lobby just to listen to them. I am certain if they return the orchestra there will be more demand in many of their lounges:) Here’s to hoping

I hope they finally bring it back. When DVC people wonder why Riviera is selling better than Grand Floridian….hmmm maybe GF should reconsider taking away what many considered a key feature of the resort.

The orchestra and the high tea experience were the 2 things that drew me to the GF. Now I only stop in there for the Gingerbread house and goodies then leave.

another thing they need to bring back... lots of grand Floridian hasn't returned, and it is a shame because it is the flagship hotel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter