Will my teens be bored at Aulani

Barbara Rhines

Earning My Ears
We have never been there. I know it's far from everything else, like shopping and such. Do y'all think my teenagers will get bored if we stay on the property for like 5 days straight?

I haven't been lucky enough to go to Aulani yet but I've heard there is plenty to do.

You might have better luck posting on the DVC forum.

My kids never got bored over 4 days-only 1 was a teen. They swam in the pools and ocean. They also loved the water slides and lazy river. There were no teen activities scheduled for the time we were there in June during the week so we never experienced one. They were all scheduled on the weekend in June. We rented paddle boards and swam in their coral reef tank. There was just a lot for us to do. I would visit the Aulani board :)

My kids really enjoyed it! They are introverts, so chose not to do any solo teenage activities. If you read my report, in my signature, you can see what all there is to do! :)

I didn't travel with teens, but there were many teens when I was there and everyone (every age) was having a delightful time. Aulani is not all character meetings and toddler things. In fact, to me it is a luxe high end resort and once in a while you'll see Mickey. It's fantastic!

My teens were not bored at all! I have two teenagers(boy and girl) and we brought along two of their cousins(another boy and girl). Everyone has a different personality; some are more outgoing than the others and I felt like everyone found their niche.

The four of them did some of the scheduled teen game nights and scavenger hunts, but then also explored the area on their own. My son and nephew really enjoyed the ukulele class(sign up early because spots fill up fast) and my daughter and niece liked getting snacks and taking pictures with the characters. Everyone loved the pool area.

My daughter always says that the trip with her cousin was the most fun trip she has ever had, and my son keeps asking to go back so I think your teens will love it!

I think setting expectations is helpful. Sharing what the environment looks like, things to do... etc. You know your kiddos and their likes better than we do :)

Having been to Aulani three times the simple answer is unless they don't like a water park beach setting then they will be fine. There are also enough things to do on Oahu.

I suggest spending part of one day exploring Oahu to break up the heavy Aulani relaxation vibe, particularly if they like high energy activities.

It really depends on your teens, I have a GD who gets bored with everything, even the thought of something to do and she gets bored.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter