Will Oct. 31 (Halloween) Be a Bad Day to Fly?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
Bad, as in expensive? I have to book Board Walk 11 months out with rented DVC points in order to get a room during Food&Wine so I can't wait to see what fares are like before choosing the actual days. We fly South West and they don't publish fares very far in advance.

Bill From PA

I think Halloween is a complete non-issue when it comes to airfare prices. Demand for business travel is a big factor in why prices fluctuate. Halloween is a regular business day and not a holiday, so it won't affect airfare prices.

The only travel-related pricing anomalies related to Halloween would be hotel rates. And those would only happen in very, very specific circumstances where large event happen. For example, theme parks with Halloween events or cities/towns with nightlife where adults will party (particularly if Halloween falls on a weekend).

I am flying on Oct 31 this year. It is a Wednesday and airfare is quite reasonable (from Aruba to Ft Lauderdale anyway!)

We flew last year on October 31 and had a $49 flight each way with SW from RDU to MCO , cheapest I've ever flown!

I agree with PPs. And if you're flying Southwest, I *think* that might be one of the days they give passengers a free drink! There's a list of days this happens in the flyer in each seat pocket.

I have flown on Halloween twice and it was cheaper....
I have looked other years and seems to be cheaper then other days... But one never knows

I’m pricing out some ‘last minute’ (well, 4-6 weeks) airfare, and Halloween this year appears to be a typical cheap Wednesday. Next year it would be a Thursday so likely a little more but not too bad.

Days of week > non-time-off ‘holiday’ in terms of importance. Actual holidays are a different story.

Thanks for all the input. We're Thurs to the second Sat WDW visitors but we'll definitely consider going down on Wed if the rates are a lot lower. I'm sure we'll find something to do that extra day!

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter