Will the "best value for DDP users" restaurant list change for 2018?

DrankTheKool-Aid

Earning My Ears
I've seen a bunch of lists showing the restaurants that are the best bang for your buck on the dining plan. I'm wondering if that list will change much in 2018 considering the addition of alcohol and specialty drinks?

I do not plan to drink much during our trip but I could be swayed between similar restaurants or switching from breakfast/lunch to dinner if one promised a cocktail, glass of wine or a smoothie for the kids:). Do the majority of restaurants have specialty drink offerings or are there a select few that will become more popular next year?

The standard bar menu is available pretty much everywhere that serves alcohol, along with a handful of beers and wines. While a few places have unique signature drinks, the prices on most drinks are so tightly clustered in the $10-12 range that I don't think they'll have much impact on the "best bang for your DDP buck" rankings. There are fewer restaurants with non-alcoholic specialties, though we've been able to order things like virgin daiquiris at a couple of places that don't specifically have them listed on the kids' menu.

The only way I could see the addition of alcohol having an impact is if it turns out that because fixed-price meals like character meals and dining packages include a non-alcoholic beverage, the plan doesn't allow ordering an alcoholic beverage at those locations. That would shake up the list a bit since the best-value meals on the basic DDP are mostly character meals, buffets, and event dinner packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter