Will this work to get a Bounce back offer?

Amy M

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if booking a room to get a bounce back offer will work even if I don't physically go to the room? We were just there 2 weeks ago and the bounce back offers are currently only until the end of 2017. I was debating on booking a room when the 2018 bounce back offers are out and then calling to book next summer using the bounce back. Has anyone done this? Would they actually know if I physically showed up since you can bypass the check-in desk anyway with online check-in? From my experience, all they have asked for is my current resort reservation #. So, if I have a current resort reservation # I should be able to book the bounce back, correct?

You will have to pay for the room.
Yep...I would be paying for the room. Paying for the room at a value resort will still net a better savings for my family than the normal discounts they put out.

First, they know you've physically checked in because you've used you FB or key card to open the door. That's what starts the billing process on the computer systems. And yes, the door locks are attached to the computer systems. That's what makes online checkin and direct to room work. So yes they'd know you'd actually been there.

Second, since you can only book bounce back during your stay if you don't do that physical checkin part, open the door, you can't book bounce back.

So, three, you'd have to pay for your first room in full and non-refundable, go to the room (ie take your vacation) to book. Nope, your idea won't work.

First, they know you've physically checked in because you've used you FB or key card to open the door. That's what starts the billing process on the computer systems. And yes, the door locks are attached to the computer systems. That's what makes online checkin and direct to room work. So yes they'd know you'd actually been there.

Second, since you can only book bounce back during your stay if you don't do that physical checkin part, open the door, you can't book bounce back.

So, three, you'd have to pay for your first room in full and non-refundable, go to the room (ie take your vacation) to book. Nope, your idea won't work.

That is kind of what I figured! Glad I asked first. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter