Will we ever get a waterpark at DLR?

brocklesnar69

Proud to be a Villain
The huge parking lot behind Paradise Pier hotel would be the perfect place to build a new waterpark. Judging by the size of the lot, that would give them plenty of space to make the park almost as big as Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

I'm definitely down for a California waterpark and I think not only would it complement the resort well, but it'd be a much needed area for relaxation from the main parks. Do you think this will ever happen?

The huge parking lot behind Paradise Pier hotel would be the perfect place to build a new waterpark. Judging by the size of the lot, that would give them plenty of space to make the park almost as big as Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

I'm definitely down for a California waterpark and I think not only would it complement the resort well, but it'd be a much needed area for relaxation from the main parks. Do you think this will ever happen?

Have you gone to Knott's Berry Farm's Soak City?
It is open seasonally from late May to early September.
You may find more information about it from their app or website.

With Raging Waters in San Dimas (26 mins away), Soak City at KBF (15 mins), Great Wolf Lodge in (IIRC) Garden Grove (15 mins), and the Pacific Ocean 15 minutes away, Disney isn't going to be contemplating a water park any time soon.

With Raging Waters in San Dimas (26 mins away), Soak City at KBF (15 mins), Great Wolf Lodge in (IIRC) Garden Grove (15 mins), and the Pacific Ocean 15 minutes away, Disney isn't going to be contemplating a water park any time soon.

Disney water parks are sooooo much better than those. We would absolutely love to see a Disney water park. I don't think it would happen though.

All the water parks (except for indoor ones) are only open for a short season. It's just not feasible for a year round water park here. I don't see Disney putting their money towards something that wouldn't bring in max crowds every day of the year.

In southern California, the property values are so high that it's hard to imagine Disney purchasing or converting a large tract of land to create a seasonal park. I agree it would be great, though. The WDW waterparks are the best waterparks I've ever been to (as Texans, we've been to a lot)- they're one reason we now visit WDW every summer. I considered visiting Disneyland this summer instead, but opted for WDW again, mainly because we'd miss the WDW waterparks. We'll visit Disneyland in November, when waterparks won't come into the equation.

SoCal just doesn't have a water park culture. We have a beach culture, and that's where everyone goes to cool off during the summer. The most popular water park in California, Raging Waters, barely ranks in the top 20 nationwide. And notice that it's located far from the coast.

Water parks work in FL because it's blazing hot 9 months out of the year. In SoCal, it's pleasant enough to just have a pool at a hotel for a quick dip. Still, I'd love to see a Blizzard Beach close by. But Great Wolf Lodge is a good replacement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter