• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Will we like BLT?

tmills

EarningMyEars
We're staying at BLT for the first time in October this year & I'm afraid we won't like it. We have a studio with a lake view. Our favorite resort is VWL, but we couldn't get a room there this year. Does anyone have any pics of a studio at BLT or of the view from a lake view studio'? Is there anywhere on property to watch the Wishes fireworks from Magic Kingdom? OR DOes anyone have suggestions on things we should try while staying at the resort?
Thanks!

I stayed there on my honeymoon in a 1BR. We leave in a couple of days to stay there in a studio for two weeks.

The view was lovely. And it was so convenient being on the monorail - just a quick cross on the bridge to the contemporary. Plus it was so easy to just pop over to Magic Kingdom for a late night.

Much easier to use the mugs than at some of the other DVCs where it is a trek.

There's a great place upstairs to watch the fireworks. It used to be reserved only for people staying there but now anyone at a DVC can come up there. It wasn't that busy before which is probably why they opened it up.

The BR was huge - 2 full bathrooms. Really more than we needed. I think the studio though is pretty much like all the other studios.

If you are not DVC you can't go to the Top of the World Lounge on the top of BLT. You can though just walk to the elevator to see the fireworks from there or watch from the walkway to the contemporary.

It's not huge on theming, but we don't mind it b/c just being next to MK is theming enough for us. I also think I recall reading around here that the BLT studios are the smallest of the DVC studios.

Have fun and enjoy!!

We were in a studio there with our six year old grandson. It was plenty big enough, you really don't spend that much time there anyway! We had a nice view and spent a lot of time on the balcony when there!

You will absolutely love it there! We stayed there in 2013 in a lake view room :) I put in a room request (I don't remember the specifics - if you look at the resort thread, you should be able to figure it out), but we were able to see MK and the fireworks from our room.

Also, that trip we rented points - and we were able to go to the Top of the World lounge twice and enjoy some drinks and watch the fireworks. Both times we did tell the person checking that we were not DVC, we just asked if we could go up, and they did let us. It may not be the case all the time - it wasn't crowded up there at all when we went (it was October).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter