• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will you help me understand?

Lizzy2

Disney freak-in-training
Ladies, I have looked all through these threads and I'm still not completely sure as to what is going on-I know you send your info and send out the item on the selected date but what do you get back? I came looking after reading about this board on another thread. Do you ever exchange things that you already have like kids clothes or household items? TIA for any help you can give :goodvibes

These exchanges are mostly for new things....whatever the topic is...you get back that also, but someone else's tastes and likes. A good way to be introduced to new things and receive things from a different region.
We do have a used book exchange once in awhile and a regift one that you can get rid of new things that were given to you that you really don't want :rotfl:

There is this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=664674

that is finding homes for things you no longer want.
Hope that helps.
Anymore questions, just ask :)

OM gosh, we exchange everything. For example, I run the annual Ornament Exchange. People who sign up send out an ornament to someone else. Everyone sends and receives, if all play fair. There are sometimes a few glitches, but for the most part, people follow through. So if you signed up to do the Pot Holder exchange, you would send them to whomever the organizer assigned to you and you would also receive some. As far as kids clothes, I think there have been a couple of those in the past, but as I don't have small kids, I would not have paid attention.

If you have a few minutes and want to organize, it is pretty easy. You could start by asking if there is any interest in swapping baby or kid clothes and see what response you get.

I do know there have been kitchen towel and place mat exchanges in the past, as far as household stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter