Wine and Dine 2015

I had never run a night race until last years W&D. It was my first half. I normally go to bed at 9:00, so I was worried. Once I started running I was fine. It was a great race. I was really tired waiting on it to begin, but I had laid around all afternoon, instead of going to the parks. I had no trouble, and that really surprised me. I am going again this year. I can't wait.

I'm with you, PrincessV. Running in the rain wasn't too bad, but it was hard to be in the "afterparty-mood" once I quit running and realized just how wet and cold I was. Going for another one in 2015!

Hi I'm from Italy
I'm planning to run both 5k and half... then head to the west coast for the Avengers weekend.
I hope to make all registrations before they sell out... after running last year TOT 10 miler i'm addicted to RunDisney !!!

I will also be there. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside and doing the 5k and the half. RunDisney should call it a challenge when we do both: that would mean 3 medals. :jumping1:
Diane

I am in for this one. Had a conflict with the Princess and wanted to actually do something different. Can't wait to experience a night race and a different race.
Do you find it to be less crowded than the other Disney race?

I'm doing the Tinkerbell Half in May and hoping I can do the W&D to get my coast to coast!
For people who have done WDW races before-- How difficult is it to book the hotel and what is the deposit on them? I asked Disney if I could book now and apply the run discount later, and they said I would have to book with runDisney after I register for the race to get the discount.

I am currently BEGGING my husband to allow me to run this race. It will cost a small car Im sure, which scares me to no end. I don't fly…so thats another huge obstacle for me. I need to know EVERYTHING. I want to book now, but I heard free dinning comes out in Nov. So much to pick. I know Disneyland like the back of my hand, and nothing of WDW.

I am planning on this being my first 1/2. Started running in 2013, most I have done is 10 miles, but pretty sure I can train up to a half. My wife is planning on coming as well for us to celebrate our 15th anniversary. I have her talked into doing the Jungle Trek in the morning, which I figure I can do along with her (she doesn't really run, so I figure I shouldl be able to handle that along with the 1/2)

Looking forward to advice and such from those that have run before!

I am in for this one. Had a conflict with the Princess and wanted to actually do something different. Can't wait to experience a night race and a different race.
Do you find it to be less crowded than the other Disney race?

The course, except in the Studios and along the path past Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Clubs, is quite wide and doesn't seem too crowded since they increased the number of corrals. I seem to remember a smaller number of participants allowed than say the Donald or Princess Half Marathons.

I'm doing the Tinkerbell Half in May and hoping I can do the W&D to get my coast to coast!
For people who have done WDW races before-- How difficult is it to book the hotel and what is the deposit on them? I asked Disney if I could book now and apply the run discount later, and they said I would have to book with runDisney after I register for the race to get the discount.

Unless you are looking to book Beach Club Villas or Boardwalk Villas through DVC, you shouldn't have an issue finding a room at a host hotel (or non host hotel if you'll have a car.)

I am currently BEGGING my husband to allow me to run this race. It will cost a small car Im sure, which scares me to no end. I don't fly…so thats another huge obstacle for me. I need to know EVERYTHING. I want to book now, but I heard free dinning comes out in Nov. So much to pick. I know Disneyland like the back of my hand, and nothing of WDW.

Free dining isn't a guaranteed thing. If it is offered, it may only be at select resorts for a specific time from which may not include host resorts or be during the time of the race.

I am planning on this being my first 1/2. Started running in 2013, most I have done is 10 miles, but pretty sure I can train up to a half. My wife is planning on coming as well for us to celebrate our 15th anniversary. I have her talked into doing the Jungle Trek in the morning, which I figure I can do along with her (she doesn't really run, so I figure I shouldl be able to handle that along with the 1/2)

Looking forward to advice and such from those that have run before!

2014 was the first year I didn't do the 5K and the half. It makes for a long day, especially if you like to attend the after party.

My DD25 and I are doing this one! It will be our first Disney race. We are very excited! We are going to WDW for our very first visit on the 23rd of this month for 8 days, then again in September for 4 days, so hopefully we will know our way around by the W&D in November! Can anyone tell me how to register early with an AP?

I'm in! I was so sad to miss last years race so I'm definitely signing up right away this year! Hopefully then rather will be better than last year. That did not sound fun. I love this race. It was my first half and I've yet to finish it without feeling sick (ran it twice, finished it twice, got sick twice) but I've learned a lot and done two other halfs since then and I'm ready to conquer this one and perhaps finally make it to the after party! Despite my issues, I love this race. It was my first half in 2012 and I would run it every year if I could financially.

My DD25 and I are doing this one! It will be our first Disney race. We are very excited! We are going to WDW for our very first visit on the 23rd of this month for 8 days, then again in September for 4 days, so hopefully we will know our way around by the W&D in November! Can anyone tell me how to register early with an AP?

There will be a link on your Annual Passholder page about a week prior to general registration opening.

DH and I will hopefully be running it. Our first run Disney event was the Star Wars half this year and we loved it so we are hoping to do this to get our coast to coast. Hoping to talk another running friend into doing it with us and making it an adults only weekend- we will see.

Love runDisney races, but my boys are in high school right now and every weekend during the fall is consumed with their activities so this one is out. Maybe in a few more years.

OK. Now I'm jealous. My wife and I ran Dopey last year and then the Tower of Terror. LOVED the night race and the after party. So of course, we started thinking about Wine n Dine for this year. But, I think I'm going to try and hold her off until 2016. First, cause we usually try and stay a week and have to fly in so we stay at a inexpensive resort, All Stars, etc. But this year, we're bringing some people along and would like to say at Yacht / Beach. I see they were a host resort last year? Great! But that means quite a jump in price.

Also, we both want to complete the Coast to Coast and I figure if we only do W&D this year, it's another race that we could have used. Don't get me wrong, I love doing the races but can't do them all, all the time. So, I'm thinking, push back W&D til next year and jump in with Disneyland Half as well for the C2C. It will be two races and two trips back to back, but more time to save up.

But man, I really want to do W&D this year!

My DD25 and I will be staying at Bonnet Creek. We would love to stay onsite, but I have some Wyndham points I need to use up. Can anyone tell me, if we can get to one of the host hotels or one of the parks, will we be able to take the race transportation? I read that we have to go to Epcot anyway to catch a bus to the Expo, but I am wondering if they check tickets or anything? If this was a early morning race I wouldn't chance it, but since it is at night and we will have plenty of time to get to the race, I don't mind taking the round about way. Others have said I HAVE to rent a car if I stay offsite, but this is just not an option. So it's either the round about shuttle way, or a taxi (or Uber).

Another plus for Bonnet Creek are the Jacuzzi tubs in the condo's! I know that will feel fantastic after the race! If we were to stay onsite it would be All Star Sports, with a regular tub.

My DD25 and I will be staying at Bonnet Creek. We would love to stay onsite, but I have some Wyndham points I need to use up. Can anyone tell me, if we can get to one of the host hotels or one of the parks, will we be able to take the race transportation? I read that we have to go to Epcot anyway to catch a bus to the Expo, but I am wondering if they check tickets or anything? If this was a early morning race I wouldn't chance it, but since it is at night and we will have plenty of time to get to the race, I don't mind taking the round about way. Others have said I HAVE to rent a car if I stay offsite, but this is just not an option. So it's either the round about shuttle way, or a taxi (or Uber).

Another plus for Bonnet Creek are the Jacuzzi tubs in the condo's! I know that will feel fantastic after the race! If we were to stay onsite it would be All Star Sports, with a regular tub.

Getting to the Epcot parking lot to be shuttled to the race start isn't difficult at all. Any method (non-host hotel Disney bus to Epcot, off property hotel shuttle, taxi, etc) will do the trick as long as you get there by the specified time.

The issue of getting back to your hotel room post race or post party becomes slightly trickier. But every year I have seen plenty of taxi's waiting and willing to take people back who don't use the host hotel transportation or their own/rented car. I have no experience with Uber, so I cannot speak to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!