Wine and Dine 2015

My DD25 and I will be staying at Bonnet Creek. We would love to stay onsite, but I have some Wyndham points I need to use up. Can anyone tell me, if we can get to one of the host hotels or one of the parks, will we be able to take the race transportation?
Yes, you can, but how will you get to/from that host resort? I stayed at WBC for marathon weekend and saw folks walking before and after races - I'm guessing to/from CBR? That's a LOT of extra walking on top of the race!

Thanks for the reply's! We know we will have to take a taxi or Uber to get back after the race/party, but Bonnet Creek has shuttles to the parks. We have plenty of time before the race to take a shuttle from the park to the host resort (or wherever the start is). And to take Bonnet Creek Shuttle to Epcot to catch the race shuttle to the Expo. I was mainly worried that they wouldn't let us on the race shuttle without proof we were staying onsite.

Yay! I was waiting for someone to start this thread!

My husband and I are currently planning to run the 2015 Wine & Dine. This will be our first RunDisney race, so I'm super excited. I'm especially excited by the fact that it's the only race I've ever run that doesn't start stupidly early in the morning. I am NOT a morning person!

We already have our room booked at the Beach Club and I'll be ready to sign us up bright and early on 3/17.

My hubby and I are planning on doing this as first 1/2! Very excited! We are booked at SSR for the weekend. I saw that the DVC registration opens 3/3 at noon. Anyone know how quickly that sells out? I'm really hoping to get registered then.

Just finished Dopey, running the Pixie Dust Challenge in May for Coast to Coast, this will be my second W&D. First was in 2013 and loved it. It is by far my favorite race. Similar to ToT you get to see characters you don't normally get to see. Saw some fantasia characters along the route. Lit up ballerina hippo and ostrich.

It also gives runners a chance to get real creative with costuming.

Big plus this year, the Food & Wine festival continues the week AFTER the race. We arrive the Friday morning before the Expo. Hang out. Get some sleep. Wake up early. Run the 5k. Hang out some more. Get some breakfast. Head back to the resort, take a nap. Then wake up and head out again for the 1/2.

I think every day of our trip after the races, we wake up, casually do some rides at various parks, then head over to Epcot for eating and drinking around the world for the afternoon and evening. This is BY FAR our most relaxing runDisney Runcation.

I think every day of our trip after the races, we wake up, casually do some rides at various parks, then head over to Epcot for eating and drinking around the world for the afternoon and evening. This is BY FAR our most relaxing runDisney Runcation.

That's exactly what we plan to do! I love, love, love, love, LOVE F&W. We used to have Epcot After 4 passes and would go every weekend during F&W when we lived in Orlando.

I plan to run it but other threads have me so nervous, "they fill up so fast". Does anybody know what time registration opens on March 17th? And since I'm not a DVC member or AP holder, are there still enough spots open to sign up. I've been looking forward to this race for over a year. Since we couldn't make it last year, I ran a local half on same day as the Wine & Dine Half and thought about all the lucky people who were participating at WDW. :(

Last edited:

I plan to run it but other threads have me so nervous, "they fill up so fast". Does anybody know what time registration opens on March 17th? And since I'm not a DVC member or AP holder, are there still enough spots open to sign up. I've been looking forward to this race for over a year. Since we couldn't make it last year, I ran a local half on same day as the Wine & Dine Half and thought about all the lucky people who were participating at WDW. :(

Registration opens at Noon EST! If it's anything like Disneyland Half yesterday, the link went active about 5 minutes before then. If I can find the backdoor link via Active like I did for the DLH, I'll post it here so you can bookmark it and be ready!

The allotment set aside for early registration for AP holders & DVC members usually sells out the first day. Depending upon the popularity of the race it seems to take anywhere from a couple hours to two days for the race to sell out. If you are an AP holder or DVC, I would suggest trying on 3/3. If you are not, be ready at 11:50am EASTERN (8:50 PACIFIC) to register. The active site can be a little wonky from time to time. If for some reason the race fills to capacity super quickly, you can always procure a bib through a travel partner (listed on the runDisney site, usually requires a certain number of nights booked through a travel agency) or through a charity spot (requires a minimum dollar amount of fund raising).

DH and I are planning on running the Jingle Jungle 5K. This will be my first race ever. I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. I have been on runDisney every day since my DH said that we could do a run in Disney. I see on here that some people are already reserving their rooms. Are you reserving just through the Disney site or through runDisney or something different?

If for some reason the race fills to capacity super quickly, you can always procure a bib through a travel partner (listed on the runDisney site, usually requires a certain number of nights booked through a travel agency) or through a charity spot (requires a minimum dollar amount of fund raising).

Or there are other methods for obtaining an actual bib.

DH and I are planning on running the Jingle Jungle 5K. This will be my first race ever. I'm really excited and nervous at the same time. I have been on runDisney every day since my DH said that we could do a run in Disney. I see on here that some people are already reserving their rooms. Are you reserving just through the Disney site or through runDisney or something different?
We reserved through Disney with a "Room Only" package and paid just the deposit. Not tied to runDisney or Park tickets. That way if for some reason there is a discount offered closer to the actual race we can still cancel the room and go with the discount.

Last edited:
Ill be there , doing my First Half marathon, Did the TOT 14 and loved it.
MY Wife will be doing her first Run disney race with me and both my kids are going to be doing the Jingle jungle 5K with us in the morning.

Anyone like to start a training thread to keep each other motivated?

Wondering if I can buy park tickets from run disney without booking a room from them? From what I can see from last year their rate is about the same as what my wife can get herself with her TA rate for tickets.

Wondering if I can buy park tickets from run disney without booking a room from them? From what I can see from last year their rate is about the same as what my wife can get herself with her TA rate for tickets.

I cannot speak to the comparison of rates, but your registration allows you access to the discounted runDisney 'event group' tickets, not your hotel booking.

I cannot speak to the comparison of rates, but your registration allows you access to the discounted runDisney 'event group' tickets, not your hotel booking.

Thanks. We booked our room through her agent rate at CSR. If not getting a discount ticket from them I was going to buy me a ticket now before price increase.

So, what kind of discounts off hotels and tickets were there last year? Can my DBF get my DVC discount if I register her? She is running her first 1/2 and is so excited but wants to make sure she puts enough $ aside for it.

What is the best mod hotel for this race? Also what is the best way to book, have never been to WDW.

Has anyone done this and stayed at a MK hotel? The contemporary is a good price for the dates I want, but I am unsure about transport to get back following the after party. Do they keep the monorail and buses on for a while to all resorts, or just to the ones that are associated with the event?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts