Wine & Dine 2019 (Oct 31 - Nov 3), Registration Mar 19

Hi all. New joiner here from Melbourne, Australia. Husband and I have a POP booking 26 Oct - 6 Nov. I'm a regular runner and planning on doing all the distances including the challenge. My husband on the other hand isn't a runner but he's going to give all 3 distances a go. The longest race he's run in the past is a 14km but Disney timing requirements are quite generous so here's hoping we don't get swept :)
At the moment we have a room only booking and we'll book our tickets and Memory Maker about 10 days prior to you 60 day FPP window opening.
I'm quite anxious about when registrations will open and I've heard that these races in particular sell out quickly but how quickly are we talking? A matter of hours or a matter of days?
My backup plan if we miss out on registrations is to cancel our room only and rebook for Marathon Weekend 2020.
Any thoughts or comments on our plan or when registrations might open??
TOO EXCITED!!

@Sinders99 regestration is March 19 (i hope we get a concrete date for AP so I can put in time off that day) it is an anniversary year for the half so keep that in mind

I’m getting excited I should be doing my room only reservation this weekend or next

@Sinders99 regestration is March 19 (i hope we get a concrete date for AP so I can put in time off that day) it is an anniversary year for the half so keep that in mind

I’m getting excited I should be doing my room only reservation this weekend or next
The DVC early registration date is Thursday, March 14th. I anticipate the AP early registration date is the same.

We were hoping for a 10/30 party also and it looked like from past years with similar date so that’s what they did so definitely disappointed. We are aiming for the 10/31 party now but frustrated with the price difference.

Yes, that price difference with 5 of us is going to kill me. Not to mention I'm stressing about buying them as we have to pay off a cruise in the next two months so my extra cash is already committed to that and registration which is two days after our final payment...darn Disney Cruise Line being so pricey!!!!

Yes, that price difference with 5 of us is going to kill me. Not to mention I'm stressing about buying them as we have to pay off a cruise in the next two months so my extra cash is already committed to that and registration which is two days after our final payment...darn Disney Cruise Line being so pricey!!!!
I’ve been saving up Disney vida reward points, so that will help. But for us it is over $100 more than if we could do one of the others

Booked my hotel this morning, so excited for my first Wine and Dine weekend!

Stupid question that I think I know the answer to, but just to clarify. For the after party in Epcot, it's a separate ticket right? So if I don't have a park hopper, I can go to a different park earlier in the day?

@disneygirlsng correct the after party should work as a hard ticket

I’ve also booked for the weekend back at Movies again still haven’t decided if I’ll be in just for the 10k or if I’ll also do fall feast

Booked my hotel this morning, so excited for my first Wine and Dine weekend!

Stupid question that I think I know the answer to, but just to clarify. For the after party in Epcot, it's a separate ticket right? So if I don't have a park hopper, I can go to a different park earlier in the day?
Correct!!

Just realized I will likely need to get DH an after party ticket. (There's a first for everything, but he swears he's not running races anymore...) I don't think I'll buy them for the whole family. The 19 year old can watch the littles and we'll have a "date" at the party!

Following this thread...

I've got an AP burning a hole in my pocket. I still want redemption on this race after our ill-fated attempt the year they shortened the course.

I think this would have to be a solo trip for me though as my hubby, Chris, is running a local marathon this weekend.

I'm planning on it. Did it in 2016 and had a blast going at that time of year. I feel I'm reading lots of people planning on it as well. It's funny how when it switched to morning everyone was upset, but it seems to be still a very popular weekend. I don't think it sold out out in 2017 but did in 2016 & 2018.

I am thinking that this will be my next rD weekend after doing the Marathon a week or so ago. The University where I teach (Alabama) has the 30th and 31st for Fall Break and conveniently, the Tide has an off week that weekend!

Only downside is that DD's High School doesn't have those days off...

ETA... Only bad thing about the after-party... If I have a Monday class, I'll have to miss it...

Hey everyone,

Can anyone take a good guess at when POTs need to be submitted by? Also when does the previous run need to have taken place?

Thanks!

Woohoo! Our waitlist just came through for a Boardwalk view for this weekend.
We have to wait for the 7 month window. I looked today at our home points and there is no availability at GFV, PVB, or BLT. We also have SSR points (and SSR is available), but those are tied up in our Aulani stay slated for this summer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!