Wine survey

How do you typically enjoy wine/champagne onboard? (You can pick more than one choice)

• Total voters
Do you typically bring the wine all the way from home (i.e., pack it in your airplane checked luggage)? Or do you buy it locally in your port of embarkation?

This last summer, in-laws drove and brought all the wine in a suitcase. Next time, DS and I are going concierge (splurge for my dad...we haven’t gone on vacation together in more than 20 years.. DH is going to have a staycation), so I just plan to drink on board in the lounge. If we do Alaska in 2021, I will probably buy some wine after we get to Vancouver.

I bring my own b/c the selection onboard is not my favorite. I’ll order a glass here or there but mostly only order cocktails

We usually bring our own to enjoy on the verandah or I will pour a glass and bring it to bingo or something. We leave in 3 weeks and today I picked up a bottle of Dom Perignon and Moët & Chandon Ice. The Dom Perignon is a self-congratulatory splurge for hitting a financial goal we made 25 years ago. We will enjoy that during sail away. I’m thinking of bringing the Moët & Chandon Ice to our Palo dinner. I know there is a $25 corkage fee. Does any know if I can bring them the bottle early to get it chilling in their refrigeration unit?

We usually bring our own to enjoy on the verandah or I will pour a glass and bring it to bingo or something. We leave in 3 weeks and today I picked up a bottle of Dom Perignon and Moët & Chandon Ice. The Dom Perignon is a self-congratulatory splurge for hitting a financial goal we made 25 years ago. We will enjoy that during sail away. I’m thinking of bringing the Moët & Chandon Ice to our Palo dinner. I know there is a $25 corkage fee. Does any know if I can bring them the bottle early to get it chilling in their refrigeration unit?

Congrats on reaching the financial goal! We enjoy Dom Perignon and Moët Ice as well.

Thinking that I have read all the replies, the MDR wine selection is much wider than the bar selection. We were told that if you find a wine selection in a MDR, you tell a bartender the wine and the dinner and he will try to find a bottle for you to drink by the glass (you do not have to purchase an entire bottle). We found the outside bartenders that were closer to the DR's were more receptive. Apparently, the bartenders have their own inner travel way they have to use from the bars and it can be long so I would try and find something to drink if we were on deck 12 of Dream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter