Winter boots for lots of walking

pklein09

Winner DVC Trivia Contest April 2006
DH and I are headed to Europe in December 2019 to visit Christmas Markets, among other sites. I know we'll be outside a lot, so I'm going to need decent boots that I can wear all day. I currently have kids LLBean boots (I wear a ladies 6 or Euro 37), so I can get away with kids sizes. They go to just below my knee, and are too bulky to pack in a suitcase.

Any suggestions for comfy, warm, packable boots?

Thanks!

LL Bean Maine Hunting Boot or a comfortable pair of gortex hiking boots. I worked as a electric meter reader for years and wore both of these while walking several miles per day. I never once had wet feet.

I looked at those this morning. Do you have a pair? The tall ones are out of the question - too bulky to pack. My concern is walking a good portion of the day in them.
I have a pair of Sorel boots that are wonderful, but they are incredibly heavy. I wouldn't want to walk around all day in them. Also, I think they might actually be too warm for walking. I wear them at girl scout cookie booths and they keep my feet nice and toasty for those sub-freezing days.

I looked at those this morning. Do you have a pair? The tall ones are out of the question - too bulky to pack. My concern is walking a good portion of the day in them.

Yes I do. Mine are quite bulky but keep my feet warm and dry...sorel caribou. I am going to order some less bulky ones, though, for everyday use. My current ones I only use when there are several inches of snow on the ground.

Thank you all for the replies! I'm hoping to get a pair sooner than later so I have next winter to break them in and make sure I like them.

Check out Bogs. Almost everyone in my town in New England wear them for a good part of the year because they are also waterproof and not too clunky.

I did the Christmas Markets in 2016 and it was my favorite trip yet, can you share where you are going? I did Budapest, Vienna and Prague. Loved all three but Budapest has been my favorite European city yet! I ordered the Teva Delavina Ankle Boots specifically for that trip anticipating cold, wet conditions. They are super comfortable, honestly, way more comfy than tennis shoes! I did add a pair of green superfeet inserts just because I love them, but other than that they were perfect for my trip. They went well with jeans, leggings, tights and skirts. They were the only pair of shoes I needed for the entire 2 week trip.

I got a great pair at Eddie Bauer waterproof, super warm and comfy. But if you're going to be outdoors for a while I highly suggest keeping a few of those foot warmers. No matter how good the boot it can still get a little too cold for comfort.

I have a pair of leather Ugg boots that are warm & great for walking in cold, wet weather. They aren't the traditional looking Uggs. They lace up the front. They do not look like traditional furry Uggs, but they have the same great lining!

I did the Christmas Markets in 2016 and it was my favorite trip yet, can you share where you are going? I did Budapest, Vienna and Prague. Loved all three but Budapest has been my favorite European city yet! I ordered the Teva Delavina Ankle Boots specifically for that trip anticipating cold, wet conditions. They are super comfortable, honestly, way more comfy than tennis shoes! I did add a pair of green superfeet inserts just because I love them, but other than that they were perfect for my trip. They went well with jeans, leggings, tights and skirts. They were the only pair of shoes I needed for the entire 2 week trip.
We are doing a river cruise on the Rhine....Amsterdam to Basel. We're excited for the trip. It will be DH, my father, and me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter