Winter weather in the parks

I hate being cold too. We were there last week with a range of highs from 47 to 85. Our first two days we did pants, long sleeves, and sweatshirts. 3rd day (65) we either wore our sweatshirts around our waists when we didn't need them or put them in the backpack. We all wore shorts and were fine all day. Last two days were 85ish. I was thankful for comfy shorts and breezy shirts. Didn't need any layers in restaurants.

We swam our first day there - it was 50. My kids (6,8,10) are nuts. It was way too cold for DH and I for more than about 15 minutes. We spent time in the hot tubs while the kids went on the water slide a few times. Our 2nd resort day was in the 70s. It was much more doable, but I wouldn't call the water warm (At Beach Club). It wasn't cold though. My kids swam for about 3 hours and were very happy.

I am truly grateful for this thread. I've been agonizing over this issue for some time, especially during that last few days. We have 17 more sleeps before we arrive to the World and we will be there for 13 days. Please keep the posts and suggestions coming. The last time we visited during winter was December 2010, there was a freeze during that period and we were caught off guard. We were frozen by the time we returned home.

We just got back from 10 days. First few days were in the low 80's and sunny. Then a couple days with highs in the 50's and mornings in the high 30's. Then finished the week back in the high 80's, hot and muggy. Luckily we packed for both warm and cold days and were prepared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter