WISH check-In Week of 1-27

Tonight was weigh in and although I did not lose the whole amount I gained last week, which I was hoping to have, I did lose 75% of it. So hopefully next week will be much better and another great loss will be reported. I'm going to try as hard as I can but I'm having my surgery on Friday and I will not be doing alot of exercising for at least a week, maybe more. Might have to dust off the old bike again instead of going to CURVES, which I really like doing.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will be comfortable enough to put my countdown back up.

Welcome to all newbies and nice job everyone!!!!!!

WOW! Let me join the loosers list here, in one week alone I have lost almost 4 lbs, the week before I lost another 4 , so the grand total in two weeks in 8 Lbs!! I'll take that. I'm sticking to it like you wouldn't believe, no soda for me, walk as much as I can ( kind of hard to do with kids and I won't do it at night because our roads are not lit ) and a bit of a workout in the mornings at home, also no snacks and the meals are healthy. Just that change in my lifestyle for now, I'm going to try to join a gym so I can workout more when the kids are in school which is three times a week.
Keep up the good work ladies, this is very rewarding at the end!

Well, I finally had a good week - I lost 3 lbs this week which puts me at 17 lbs total. I also hit my 10% goal and got my keychain - yay!!!! I am hoping to do well this week also but have to face the reality that with my bday on Friday and the accompanying food-related activities I may not lose as much.

Congrats to all who had a good week and pixie dust to those who are hoping for a better week next week!!

:) :) :)
Rhonda

Happy birthday a couple of days early Rhonda!

Well, despite having that delicious Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake on Saturday, I got right back on track and somehow managed to lose 1.4 pounds this week! Only 10 pounds to goal!!!

Our WW leader made us a deal today: she's going to buy a WW cookbook for anyone who completes their journals for the next 12 weeks. And those cookbooks cost $12 each! I want one. I've always kept my journal anyway, but I didn't always total it or try to figure points on everything (like that cheesecake), so now I have my incentive!!

Congrats to all you other losers! And those of you who gained or stayed the same, you can do it!!

Thanks Amy for the bday wish - quite kind of you :)

Our leader challenged us to do 12 weeks of our journals also but unfortunately did not make an offer to buy us the cookbook (which cost $13 at our meetings). I am pretty good about my journal as it is but a free cookbook would definitely have gotten me writing everything down!!!

Here's hoping everyone is a LOSER this week,
Rhonda

I stayed the same this week - I haven't been a good girl so I'm happy with the "maintenance" from last week!!! Well done to all our "losers".

Simon, Wendy and I are off to see Mickey and Minnie next Wednesday. I plan to really get back on track after our little holiday. I feel that I have never recovered that initial enthusiasm and I really need to get it back!!

Have a great week everyone!

Hi all you wonderful losers! I'm in a great mood. Last week I was up .2 pounds and feeling unmotivated. Today's weigh-in said a loss of 5 pounds for a total of 21 lost since 12/3/01. I was shocked.

Do you all know about www.dwlz.com ? I love her restaurant section. I also have been using her thermometer, but in a different way. She had hers set up for her final weight. I made one for my first goal which was 22 pounds. So 50% was 11 pounds. It made the "mercury" climb faster. I have a 3-ring binder where I keep everything I print out, hand-outs etc. If I ever get my act together, I'll put some sheet protectors in there and put the recipe card hand-outs.
Here's the thermometer link.
http://www.dwlz.com/thermometer2.html

Today's theme was IRS.

I'm Responsible for my Self
I'm Responsible for my Success

Still struggling with food intake. I ate great on Mon & Tues, but by Wednesday I had to have some of my kid's pizza. Tonight we were invited out for dinner. So I had a Superbowl cake. It seems like if I'm out of my house, I don't feel like I'm cheating. I weighed in at 139lbs. I've also started a new workout program using floor exercises. Its similiar to pilates. It totally wiped me out. Because of that, I didn't get in any cardio today.

Mom-to-3 - I really love that IRS - I'm Responsible for mySelf and I'm Responsible for my Success. That can apply to all of life, not just weight-loss. This is going to be one of those sayings that gets posted where I can see it all the time, and hopefully my ds's will see it and take it to heart. Powerful words; thanks for sharing!

I am REALLY motivated now!!! I lost 7.6 lbs. this week for a total of 9.2 for 2 weeks!! The only thing I have been lacking is the exercise, so I went and bought an exercise bike. Now if I can only figure out how to ride it and DIS at the same time;) ! We got the Journal challenge too. I have been really good about journaling, so I hope this will be an easy one for me.

My husband talked me into journaling since I don't go to meetings but I have a very hard time doing. I do so much better when I do. I really need something to make me journall since I have been slacking on the progaram lately...ANy Ideas???

Jiminy -- How about setting up a challenge/reward for yourself? Start with journalling at least 6 days/week. Have a 2 week reward (NOT FOOD :D ), then a 4 week.. etc. What would you enjoy? A new candle? A CD? A video? New walking shoes? A funky haircut? Jewelry?

Or how about this one? Buy fresh flowers at the grocery store ($4-$6) and cut the stems and change the water and do everything you supposed to do to keep them fresh. If you keep your journal for a week, you get a new bouquet.

I don't know if many people will read this -- maybe you should ask for reward/challenge ideas for all of us when you start next Monday's thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter