WishCon aka the best BIRTHDAY ever Sept '19 PTR Updated 7/22

Wishfuiiy

Mouseketeer
Howdy ho, neighborinos. My name is Sam, but most people know me as my online persona known as Wish.

Dsf4GsR.png

Why Disney?

People are probably confused already but besides being an awesome wife, and student - I entertain people on the internet by playing video games. A lot of your kids probably play Fortnite and love Youtube, well I don't do either of those. I actually stream on a website called Twitch, which is like a live Youtube where I play games and curse a lot while playing games. While I might not be a great role model, I really enjoy Disney a lot... like a lot lot.

Every year, I tend to travel a lot to head to various conventions to meet viewers, potential sponsors, run panels, recordings and do signings. However after doing this for four long years, I decided that I wanted to do something a bit different with my year this year and take off from the endless cycle of conventions to head on an ACTUAL vacation. Almost every day, I tend to work and/or travel for work. At the conventions, I barely have time to think and I'm always exhausted, sick after it all. People spend a lot of money to go to the conventions to meet me and my friends, and I felt the best way to spend my time and money this year was to be able to go someplace FUN (Disney!!!) and just be able to hang with family and friends.

WHO IS GOING?!
iUyHWjU.jpg

Well... this dork, obviously. I can work from anywhere, luckily. I am purchasing what we call in my biz an IRL backpack where I can livestream from the parks with a mobile network strapped to my back.

ygrEOaW.jpg

These dorks! My sister, and my mom - and we're so excited. Not pictured are my step-father and bro-in-law who hate photos so much.

XAqMSlA.jpg

This princess, who happens to be the best niece in the world!

AND A HANDFUL OF VIEWERS WHO COULD TAKE THE TIME OFF, WHOOOOO!

Unfortunately, my husband is going to be staying home because he can't get out of work, nor does he enjoy crowds or being hot so we will just let him be happy and content at home. :(

WHEN ARE YOU GOING?!

Okay, so initially we planned to go September 25th - October 1st BUUUUT my biological dad got wind of this epic trip and now wants to take my sister, niece and I down early. New dates? September 20th- October 1st, HOLY DIDNEY.

WHERE ARE YOU STAYING?!

The first 3 days will be at Camp Wilderness, whoo! My dad is packing his RV, and we are going to have a blast at F&W and MNSSHP with him. Then my sister, niece and I will be transferring to All-Star Sports Resort, with another PARTY night added in there so we can experience the party with my mom and viewers.

WHAT ARE YOUR DINING PLANS?

We got upgraded standard free dining Sept. 25th-Oct. 1st! We are adding on the dining for our new extra part of our trip now too. My dad really wants to go to Ohana's and whatever else. When we meet up with the larger group, we explained that we will probably break the group into two dining parties and if you don't let me know, you can't eat with us obviously cause we have to make reservations. So far with the large group, we have about 12 people to plan for. We are DEFINITELY doing Ohana's and 1900 Park Fare, but the rest? We have no idea though we need to figure it out within the next few days. :yoda:

WHAT ARE YOUR PARK DAYS?

Sept 22-24 is still up in the air since we LITERALLY just added it.
Sept 25th, original arrival day MK
Sept 26th, AK
Sept 27th, EP
Sept 28th, HS
Sept 29, MNSSHP
Sept 30, MK
Oct 1st, whatever park before we go!

We have park hoppers as well, so we aren't exactly locked into these dates. I just made sure that first original arrival day was a MK day so the new guys can see the castle. I made AK the second day, because it was the park we didn't get to really explore the last time we came because my sister scheduled it as a last day/half day, and honestly? WE REGRETTED THAT EVER SINCE. It was our favorite park, sides MK. EP was the 3rd day, due to F&W and crowds. HS, obviously due to predicting crowds and hoping for the best.

SPECIAL EVENTS?

So far, just MNSSHP (x2) for myself. It's my birthday month, so I'm going hard at Disney this year. Like I said up the post a bit, I never get to have time off and technically during this whole trip, I'll be livestreaming so I'll be working. It's going to be bananas.

WELLLLL, so far this is it. I will let you guys know what's going on with our ADRs that we have to book in a few days.

Last edited:
Our ADRs are coming up, and we are just spinning some last minute ideas. What places would you guys pick?

Joining in! Sounds like a fun trip will be had!

Hard to narrow down ADRs but some of my faves are Ohana dinner and Garden Grill or Crystal Palace breakfast!

YALL I AM SHOOK RN! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!

After years of trying, we finally got Be Our Guest (QS but still), Ohanas at a decent time and Storybook Dining. The only thing we didn't get was Garden Grill, going off @missangelalexis suggestion cause I was super down to try it on our Epcot day. We might check back later and see if it opens up closer to the trip.

• Wednesday Sept 25, Rainforest Cafe @ Animal Kingdom Dinner - My mom is totally a sucker for hokey rainforest flora and fake lightening.
  • Thursday Sept 26, 1900 Park Fare Breakfast - I'm a sucker for Mary Poppins and that strawberry soup! It is so good, I wanna slap my momma.
  • Friday Sept 27, T-Rex Dinner - Look, it's dinosaurs and we couldn't get Garden Grill man.
  • Saturday Sept 28, Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Package! Lunch - I've never seen the Fantasmic show so I'm pretty excited to have nice seats. We opted for lunch so aren't full.
  • Sunday Sept 29, Ohana's Dinner - FINALLY AT A DECENT TIME THAT ISN'T AT CLOSING. We also will still be early for the party that night.
  • Monday Sept 30, Be Our Guest QS Lunch - It's pretty much my mom and I's dream to eat here, though the rest of my family apparently has came on several occasions.
  • Monday Sept 30, Storybook Dining Dinner - I really, really wanted this one and my sister was telling me she has NEVER been able to book it for her clients. Today, we managed to snag it up and at a really good time too. It will be the perfect nightcap to our vacation.

Update on 4/4!

I AM STILL SCREAMING YALL! Today, my sister calls me and informs me that we are not staying at Ft. Wilderness with the rest of the family but the Wilderness Lodge instead. I've DREAMED about staying there and the Poly, since I'm a huge fan of Yellowstone and the PNW. Reasoning is that my grandma is now coming with us, and needs to be able to get around and have handicap accessible things. So, we will stay with my grandma while the rest of the crew continues to hang out in the RV cause they really want to camp out. We are also not going on Sunday... we're going FRIDAY. So I'll be at WDW for almost 2 weeks at this point. We haven't booked our ADRs for the first part of the trip just yet, but we are working on deciding what to do for all that.

I cannot believe that we are staying for so long and deluxe too. I don't mind my value stays at all, but I'm beyond stoked to see all the cool amenities of the deluxe.

In the immortal words of Staind, "IT'S BEEN A WHILE!" We have done a lot of tweaking to our plans at this point so hopefully, this mess of a post will clear up some details, and fix it. First and foremost, we are no longer staying at the campgrounds! We are all staying at Pop for the first portion of the trip, before we move over to join Fam#2 at Sports. Also, we're staying longer. We are going down on Friday, September 20th, whew. 11 night/12 days in the happiest place on earth! We also realized our Storybook rez was actually on October 1st, the day we were leaving so we swapped it for Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner instead.

Well, it as FP+ day for us, I tried to pick some times that were earlier in the day so if people wanted to leave the parks to go do other things or wanted more fastpasses.

Also essentially, it's the divorced kids vacation were the first part of our vacation is with Dad, Grandma on Dad's side, Stepmom, Stepbro/Wife and their kids. Then they all leave and my Mom, Stepdad and Bro-in-law come for the rest. The only person leaving EARLIER than everyone else is my Grandma who is coming home a day earlier so my Mom can go get her from the airport. Even tho my mom and dad are divorced, my mom and stepdad really love my grandma. It's seriously the best.

Friday Sept 20th - Arrival

MCO - 9:30am-ish
Check-in Pop Century
Some point we gotta go pick up our APs (My sister, niece and I totally took advantage of getting these since we are staying longer than everyone else.)
Friday night is a MNSSHP for Family#1 and we managed to get some fun fastpasses for the kids cause they have never been to WDW. Peter Pan's Flight and PotC before the party. Good starters for the kids in the party.
MNSSHP activities the rest of the evening.

Saturday Sept 21 - MK
Mickey&Minnie - For the kids!
Space Mtn -For me! LOL
SDMT - This will be my first time cause I used to refuse to wait in this damn line. I can't believe I've never rode it before though my sister has. My niece also refused to ride it before now so it will be fun to ride with her.

Sunday Sept 22 -Epcot
Frozen Ever After - Kids, mang.
Living with the Land - Dad requested this, and I'm totally okay with things like this. Also since my niece is gonna be out of school for so long, we're making her do educational type of things like Hall of Pres and things like this.
The Seas with Nemo & Friends - Kids, mang.

Monday Sept 23 - HS
Star Tours - Me and Dad! I love this ride.
Frozen Sing-Along - KIIIIDS.
SPECIAL SURPRISE FOR NIECE - Tea Party in Wonderland at the GF for my niece, cause I love to spoil her.
SDD - It's later in the afternoon at 6:30, BUT it will be everyone's first time on it so we're pretty stoked. We definitely wanted to get FP to this over Alien Saucers, RRC or ToT, cause at least RRC/ToT has a shaded queue. And I figure the kids can rope drop Aliens, and I can rope drop Millenium Falcon since no one in my party is into SW like I am.

Tuesday Sept 24 - AK
WAKING UP SUPER EARLY TO UBER MY GRANDMA TO AIRPORT THEN UBER BACK. I really don't want her to get lost kinda thing since she never flies, and she needs extra assistance.
Na'vi River Journey - We hadn't ever been to Pandora either cause last time we visited WDW, we only went to MK for the Christmas Party on a whim on weekend. And while the older crowd would love love love FoP, we have a lot of kids and Gma so we needed to do something that everyone could do so Na'vi River it is!
Festival of the LK - Love this show, so it's fine.
Kilimanjaro - Look, I know people LOOOOVE this but I could leave it. Anyway, we have kids so they'll love it so that is fine by me even tho I mean... dinosaur is cool.

Wednesday Sept 25 - AK
Goodbye Family#1, Welcoming Family#2! Switching to All-Star Sports, even tho we really wish we just booked Pop the WHOLE TIME. We don't mind Sports tho. Also, we are adding on ADRs at this point cause Family #1 only wanted to do QS and Family#2 got Free Dining for half of the party.

As family#2 gets into town about 11am, we will be out of Pop and going over to Sports to meet them, while they transfer our luggage for us. No little little kids on this trip at this point. Niece is 8 so she's going to be fine.
ADR - Rainforest Cafe for my mom at 3ish then since we are here, we'll do the Pandora night with our family!
FoP- SO EXCITED.
Kilimanjaro - To quote my mom, "I BETTER SEE SOME DAMN ANIMALS OR I AIN'T EVER RIDING THAT TRASH AGAIN"
Everest - This is my mom's favorite ride in all of WDW so yay, I'm stoked and also it will be at night so it will be different from when we've rode it in the day!

Thursday Sept 26 - MK
ADR - 1900 Breakfast - WE LOVE THIS BREAKFAST AND THE CHARACTERS. It's a must do for our family.
SDMT - 10am, yes. Mom's first time riding it too. Like I said before, we've never gotten a chance cause the line was so long and we either were only there for so long on a short trip that we just wanted to skip it or the wait was REALLY REALLY LONG.
BTMR - The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness is my niece's favorite mountain... though Space Mtn might take the lead on it.
Splash Mtn - Oh my lord, half our party has panic attacks riding this the rest of our party laughs about them freaking out. Will be nice and cool to do.

Friday Sept 27 - HS
ADR - Hollywood and Vine: Fantasmic! FP thingymabob.
SSD - 10:40am, YES! Mom's first time! Super stoked. Great time of the day too!
Indiana Jones - It's a show we've never seen before and I think my Dad and BIL will appreciate it.
Star Tours - Me again. Hello, my old friend.

Saturday, Sept 28 - Epcot
ADR - Via Niapoli - Pizza, yo. It was the easiest decision for our group of picky eaters. However, I plan on doing a little F&W surfing so IDK how hungry I'll be.
We decided to rope drop Soarin' or just wait in queue after we do...
Test Track - Easily Dad and BIL's favorite ride. Everyone else loves it too, but we gotta keep the guys a lil happy.
Spaceship Earth - My sister hates this ride. I LOVE IT. My mom has never rode it.
Mission: SPACE - Blech. Maybe cause I did Orange when the rest of my family did Green, but either way I don't care for this one.

Sunday Sept 29 - AK/MK
ADR - Ohana's for dinner cause it is a must do for us!
Morning will be at AK to do the stuff we missed on the first half-day!
Na'vi River Journey - Gotta finish off Pandora, plus everyone should enjoy it but especially me cause I love Avatar.
Kali River Rapids - My sister has been dying to go on this for YEARS but no one wants to get wet. We finally are caving.
Dinosaur - Yes pls.
BREAK midday then dinner then MNSSHP

Monday, Sept 20 - MK
ADR - Be Our Guest Lunch and Liberty Tree, cause my mom and I have never had either! We really want to try them both.
SDMT - 9:20am, great opener for our last day!
PPF - This is classic, and while we've already rode it with Family#2 once, it's everyone's favorite.
Space Mtn - My favorite mtn but we figure they might have the halloween overlay on it during the party so we need the original.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!