WIshes wedding help about wedding cermony/ pre-cocktail

Persampieri27

Earning My Ears
As anyone done a pre-cocktail hour with cheese and basic food. I heard of brides doing a 5pm ceremony at wp then going to grand floridian for a pre -coktail hour before going to Italy isola for their cocktail hour during illuminations.
I would 100 percent love the 5pm ceremony

As anyone done a pre-cocktail hour with cheese and basic food. I heard of brides doing a 5pm ceremony at wp then going to grand floridian for a pre -coktail hour before going to Italy isola for their cocktail hour during illuminations. I would 100 percent love the 5pm ceremony

This would be especially awesome if you wanted to go to your cocktail hour. I wouldn't want tooss mine either lol

Hello :)

Not sure if you meant to put this in the planning journals section, but you may get more responses on the main weddings/honeymoons board area. I don't think I've seen any journals where the couple has done this, but that certainly doesn't mean that no one has! I do remember one person did the Epcot DP/Illuminations cocktail hour, but I'm not sure they did something prior to that.

Sorry I'm not much help!

It seems kind of odd to do a pre-cocktail hour, since the cocktail hour is really a pre-reception. So it would essentially be a pre-pre-reception. Maybe go for the 7:30 ceremony, so then you can have the cocktail hour at Italy Isola during Illuminations. That's exactly what we're doing.

It seems kind of odd to do a pre-cocktail hour, since the cocktail hour is really a pre-reception. So it would essentially be a pre-pre-reception. Maybe go for the 7:30 ceremony, so then you can have the cocktail hour at Italy Isola during Illuminations. That's exactly what we're doing.
What are you doing for daylight pics ? I feel we will be rushed after the ceremony

What are you doing for daylight pics ? I feel we will be rushed after the ceremony

That will depend entirely on what time of year you're looking at. I believe she's doing a June wedding, so it should be daylight/sunset for quite a while afterwards. If you're doing it during a time with a shorter day, though, you just have to accept that you may either need to do most of the pictures you want daylight for prior to your ceremony (using a first look, if you want some of the two of you for it), or you have to accept that your pictures will be in the dark. It's just one of the trade-offs of having a later ceremony - though I actually really like some of the pictures in the dark.

You could also do like one or two others have done, and choose an earlier ceremony and do the reception outside of park (or in park somewhere like LSS), and then have it immediately move to the dessert party. I believe at least one bride here has done that - they did the noon ceremony, I think, and extended their reception an hour (so they would have plenty of party time) and then transported everyone to the dessert party from there to end the day. You could probably do the same with a 2pm ceremony, but you may end up with a slightly shorter reception time period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter