Wk of Sep 10--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

AmyBeth68 said:
Jodi: Great job on your long run. I know what you mean about trying to stick with your pace. My marathon partner and I are having trouble running the 11 mpms which is what we had anticipated running the marathon in. It's really great when you think about it...just means you are getting stronger and quicker. I'm constantly impressed with the amount of miles you are logging! Keep up the great work! :thumbsup2
Thanks Amy! that is such a great compliment! :goodvibes

What a week for me! Quite the rollercoaster! IT all started great with my personal record time at the 5K last sunday of 27:15. I was so pumped up from shaving over 2 minutes off my first 5K which was in April! :thumbsup2
Great job! Wow - you have been doing a great job especially with the ankle area pain :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone,

Just trying to make an attempt to catch up on everyone’s posts.

Dave – Sorry I see that you asked me about my runs a couple of times…..this past week was very busy with work but I did keep up with my training – my next official road race is the Bigelow Tea 5k, the one that our very own Judy will be at (Hi Judy), Bigelow is on the 24th . Kind of funny – it turns out that a lot of people from my work are doing the run also.

Really looking forward to the Hartford Half Marathon on October 14th – not only because my best friend will be coming to CT to run it with me but also because a lot of the TNT people will be there.

I’m so jealous of the people going to Disneyland ---- Good Luck team! :cheer2:

Dave – You have been doing such a great job on running….Congrats! Wow, and you are quite fast. Do you still experience shin problems or has it been good?

Tonight it was raining really hard so I got stuck on TM. I hyper-extended by right knee right off, so had to go slow:
Mile 1 15:55
Mile 2 15:09
.25 Mile 6:38
Decided limping wasn’t a good sign, so stopped there. Not sure why the treadmill always gives my knee such a hard time. But I will keep moving forward
I usually get pretty sore from the threadmill too – I prefer the road myself when I can get out. During the week I usually run on the threadmill and on the weekend for the long run I do outside.

Mel (Chimera) – You did such a wonderful job on the costume, I love it! Looks like a lot of work but you did a great job. :woohoo:

Dana -- So sad we'll miss you in January, but I admire your effort to be "adult" about it. I surely would be throwing a tantrum.
I agree I would be having a temper tantrum also.

Good Morning TEAM: I just heard this story on NPR, and I thought people might be interested in it. I had gotten a book on Chi Running about a month ago. This fellow, Danny Dreyer, has combined elements of Tai Chi to try to improve the running form in order to prevent injury. I thought some people here might be interested in it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/...storyId=6070170
Thanks Dave! Great article, thank you for sharing!

Well, last night was my fundraiser – everything went really well. My friend, Chantel, did such a wonderful job. The show was a success – people from my apartment complex showed up, as well as a lot of my family. We made $83.00 in raffle items alone. The show hasn’t been tallied yet but I’m hoping that that will give me another $200.00. :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter