Wk of Sep 17--2007 WISH Walking/Running Club

Bye TEAM, I'm heading to Boulder today (if I don't get snowed in) and my marathon is tomorrow. I'll report in when I return...have a great weekend! :cool1:

:wizard: First off GL Monte!

Training this week for me has basically been recovery from the DL half. I was extensively sore for a few days, so waited til Wednesday to get out and run 2 miles. Thursday was about an hour of DDR (took me forever to pass this annoying level) and Friday was about 3.5 miles.

DW has also been keeping up, we made her up a modified plan through the beginning of December which will get her up to a 10 mile LR a month in advance of her first attempt at a half. We're both also preparing for the RftT, and myself the RftC. I've never run in back to back races before, so it should be interesting to see how my body reacts. It would be smart if I just took it easy for one of them, but it seems like I have one speed when I'm racing, and that's race pace.

I seem to be good at setting very difficult goals for myself, so we'll go ahead and hope for back to back PRs at both distances, something like 24:40 and 55:59. :) I'm in better shape than I was, and actually ran a faster 10k split than that during the DL half, so we'll see how it goes.

And geez Christa, do you have an earlier marathon you're training for before Disney? 18 miles already under 9 pace, wow! You're making yourself unchasable for me. :)

Thanks Everyone :wave2: I got Marathoning for Mortals today :thumbsup2 I'm really looking forward to starting it. I just finished Courage to Start and it was really motivating! Thanks for the welcome I promise to give all of you lots of support!

Hi guys! :wave2:

We got back from DL around midnight Wednesday, so things have been crazy since. And tomorrow we go to Edaville Railroad for 'Day Out With Thomas.' So, needless, to say, there's only been 'recovering' from DL going on around our house! And that's not so good since Chad is doing another 1/2 locally next Saturday.

DL was awesome, but you can read all about that on the other threads if you want to. It was nice for us to have a child-free vacation too - no stroller craziness at Disney - woo hoo! :Pinkbounc

I finished MfM right before we left for CA. I already plugged all the training info into my running log. I think I am going to like his plan better than Hal Higdon's plan. Although, I do not like my rest day being a Saturday! I may have to swap that around with another weekday - don't know if that's "allowed" though. :scratchin I also don't think I can do a r2/w3 program. I may be modifying that back to my w4/r1.

Christa - you are freakin' amazing!!! :cheer2: I so need some of your energy.

Sunny - I haven't read back through this thread, but I hope you are hanging in there & doing ok.

Hi WISH Team!

I am enjoying those reports and pics that are up. Thanks to all.

Christa, Wow! You are smokin'!

Rachel, that is some mucho miles you put on b4 the race. If it works for you then that's the plan!

Dave, hope that LR today was smooth. Glad you got in the Yoga as XT yesterday too!

disneyrun, Yay! another Penguin! I think you will love MfM and the program. I hope so anyway...from another Penguin here!

Kristi, same thing about MfM to you. That program has really hit it for me.

I got in 9 miles today. Tried for only 8, but Garmin had difficulty with hooking a signal through the heavy cloud cover and trees on the trail today so I had to go with the trailside mile markers. When Garmin finally hooked that signal I had just turned around. It measured 4.5 on the way back so there I went. It was pretty humid and almost tough, but I ran the first half with 2 others and they were going slower--one guy was having a stonker so we were able to chat. They were doing 11 and I turned back sooner than they. It goes better when there is someone to chat with for sure. It is a new experience for me. I'm used to trekking solo.

thndrmatt said:
And geez Christa, do you have an earlier marathon you're training for before Disney? 18 miles already under 9 pace, wow! You're making yourself unchasable for me. :)
Oh yes Matt! I am doing a marathon 10/7...but not for time. It is a trail marathon...Hey! You smoked the DL 1/2! :banana: WTG! GL with all your racing goals...I understand only having one pace during a race...race pace! :goodvibes

Just got back from my shows and I am wired..but tired! :confused3 2 shows in one day almost get the best of me...over 6 hours of acting/dancing/singing :dance3: ...I can hardly talk! And I have 1 more show tomorrow...may bike but prob not....may sleep! I never got my nap...but the good news is that my body never got the chance to stop moving and stiff'n up...so I am not sore! :yay:

There will come a time when I catch up with this thread! Sorry everyone that this post is all about me! :p

Tiger Lily 03 said:
Denny, are you doing Towpath on the 8th? I think Rich (ryley26) is too. I'm still waffling between doing the half and cheering...might be an Ohio WISH Team thing going on there. Sounds like you have a good plan for making your January sucdessful and fun!

Tiger Lily,
Yes, I am running the Towpath on the 8th. I'll have to wear my green WISH shirt. That would be cool to meet some WISHers prior to the WDW Marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter