• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wlv Vs. Bwv?...................

GOMICKEY

Earning My Ears
For those of you who have been lucky to stay the WLV and BWV, which do you like better, and why?

Our home is BWV, but we're considering trying out the WLV some time soon. Is the transportation really as bad as a number of people have said?

I can't compare because we've never stayed at BWV, but we've never found the transportation to be anywhere near as bad as some people describe (after 6 trips to WL/VWL). We've stayed at nine other resorts and my theory is that ANY resort can have disappointing transportation at ANY given time. We've hit one day at WL with very slow boat travel (30 minute waits several times that day) and have had a few other days with problems at other resorts --- this is out of 25 plus trips. Sometimes the wait time is closer to the 20 minutes that Disney advertises, but usually not.

We have stayed in several Epcot resorts and there's definitely a sense of activity and action, as well as multiple food choices within walking distance, which we really enjoy. We love WL because it's quiet and peaceful and serene, but a world full of choices are just around the corner.

The main transportaion difference between BWV & WLV is that when staying at BWV you can walk to Epcot & MGM or take a boat to either of these parks, plus you can walk or boat to Epcot and take monorail transport to MK. At BWV the only park you must take a bus/drive to is AK. At WLV you must take a bus/drive to AK & MGM, take a boat to MK, and you can either transfer to a monorail from MK to Epcot or take a bus to Epcot from WLV. Location wise, no doubt BWV is better. Also getting to DTD from WL takes longer due to it is farther away, But do not negate WLV, it is a wonderful resort with a totally different and much more quiet laid back atmosphere than BWV, it just takes longer to get around if you are using WDW transportation. But both are great resorts.

We own points at both Hilton Head, and Board Walk, and we tried the Wilderness Lodge Villas when we were there at the end of September/beginning of October. The Wilderness Lodge is FANTASTIC! We loved it! The transportation was fine. The bus from the Wilderness Lodge runs on the same loop as the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian. We barely had to wait for a bus at all, and the boat ride over to MK was alot of fun. The lobby for the Villas is beautiful, and I'm sure you'll be amazed at the HUGE lobby in the Wilderness Lodge. Try it, I'm sure you'll love it. Actually, we're going to WDW next week for a long weekend and are staying at the Boardwalk Villas, and now I wish I would have booked the Wilderness Lodge Villas instead! I have a feeling I'll be calling Member Services tomorrow morning for a switch!

Thanks for your quick response(s). Where, on a different subject, did you get the Disney clip-art that you put under your name? Also, is it difficult to insert?

Thanks!

hi: we own at bwv as well. we've stayed at wl several times in the past, but not at the villas yet. it's a completely different atmosphere-much more laid-back and relaxed. it will kind of combine some of the good points of okw (more relaxing) and bwv (part of hotel type atmosphere).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter