WOC dessert party - current menu?

kikismom

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a current menu for WOC dessert party? I would love to see what the wine selection is.

Also for the 8 pm show, do people still line up as early as 6?

I'm also curious, as we are thinking of doing the dessert party for our anniversary...why do people line up at 6:00? Is there some advantage to be among the first to check in? I am learning that there are 100 people or so per party...if we don't really care where we sit, would it matter when we check in?

Does anyone have a current menu for WOC dessert party? I would love to see what the wine selection is.
I did WOC on Tuesday 27 June 2023. It was the World of Color: One Show. This is the current show in February 2024.

This is the plate of food

woc food.png
  • Macfetti Bunt Cake
  • Raspberry Filled Shortbread Cookie
  • Triple Chocolate Layer Cheesecake
  • Birthday Macaron
  • Rainbow Sprinkles Krispie
  • Grapes and Crackers
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Camembert Cheese

This was the drinks menu

woc menu.png

Also for the 8 pm show, do people still line up as early as 6?

I'm also curious, as we are thinking of doing the dessert party for our anniversary...why do people line up at 6:00? Is there some advantage to be among the first to check in? I am learning that there are 100 people or so per party...if we don't really care where we sit, would it matter when we check in?

I booked for the first show. On the day there are two steps.
1. Check In
Check in opens at 7pm for the 9pm show. The check in area is at the Eureka water wheel near the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. I was there about 6.45pm and was second in line. By being so early I was able to request the type of table which suited me best. I chose the low table and asked for the area at the grass area where there were no people in front of me. I was given a wristband and told to come back at 8pm.

2. Entry to the viewing areas. At 8pm a CM gathered everyone with a wristband and walked us over to the viewing area. My wristband and name was checked by the cm and I was brought to my assigned table, number 38.

The Desert Party is shared seating, 4 per table so even though I was solo, a family was was also assigned to my table.

As soon as my server brought me to my table, she took my drink order

While the drinks were being prepared she brought my food plate.

I liked everything but I didnt finish all the food. Just before the show started my server came around with to go boxes for any food I wanted to keep. As I only ate half of everything, I boxed up the left overs.

my experience from Feb 24 - showed up at 7:30 to check in desk for first show reservation. no one in line, i told them my table preference (high top) but i did't have a specific table in mind. then told to come back at 8 for seating. came back at 8 - line was lengthy, but we were seated by 8:10. Had a fantastic table with excellent view. no complaints. Food as above. 2 alcoholic drinks per adult. Make sure to ask for lighted sippers if you have kids. Our server brought the kids drinks in regular cups and then brought clean sippers separately to take home with us. But if you want the drinks in the sipper, tell your server. I was on the fence about paying for the dessert part but it was worth every penny. We had two kids - 6 and 9. If I was alone, I could manage to stand and find a spot in the crowd. But with two tired kids who can't see over people's heads and a chilly night when you don't want to get wet - it was gold. We had plenty of time to enjoy cheese and deserts and then watch the show. There were 3 kinds of cheeses - pepperjack, cheddar and camembert. Bundt cake was lemon. the rest as per pictures above.
By comparison, we watched fireworks in Disneyland the night before and it was misery. We staked out a spot about 30 min before, sitting on the curb. then when everyone stood up, both kids couldn't see over people's heads and couldn't get a clear view. I was able to lift up my 6yo on my hip to have his head at my level, but i was tired and he wasn't entirely comfortable. I couldn't lift my 9 yo and she was jumping up and down throughout to get a better look. And there were the a-----e people who put their 5yo kids directly on their shoulders, blocking even my view! and all the people holding phones high above heads recording the full show also blocking views. Disney needs to do either some kind of tiered standing or not do projections and only do fireworks that everyone can see. It's the projections that get blocked.

Thanks! I'm so glad the drink isn't tequila based anymore. I wish they'd offer a red wine but I'll live.

Has anyone tried the NA blue cherry cooler?

Only a week and a half until our party. If it's raining I'll have to switch to drinking hot chocolate.

our NA drink was orange-juice based. It was something like orange juice, seltzer and some other tropical juice? it was orange in color. my 9yo didn't like it but it was pleasant enough - kind of like a NA mimosa. I was also wrong about cheese - it was cheddar, camembert and something like Manchego. cheeses were actually quiet good.

Has anyone had the gluten free dessert plate? Curious to know what’s on it.
We had it last year. I can’t remember all of it. But it’s an allergy free plate so I don’t think it had cheese either. Some people have been bummed about that, but there are only 2 choices. Allergy or regular. There was fruit. They messed up my order even though I’d sent in the allergy paper. So they sent someone to GCH kitchen and got my kids sorbet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter