Wolf Pack 366 WP or 396 WP

Yensid_MD

Mouseketeer
Hopefully this post is in the right location. If not please delete.

I am looking for anyone who owns one of these 5th wheels. I would be interested to know how you found the quality? What are you towing it with? Have you weighed the trailer and also determined the actual pin weight?

These are Toyhaulers from Forest River that have a stated pin weight of around 2300 lbs and a stated dry weight of around 13K. I am trying to find out how close these are to reality, and there does not seem to be alot of these on the road. Not sure if they are new but we just saw them at the Hershey RV show and really like them

Thanks

I think you have asked your question in the best place on the DISboards. Hopefully someone can chime in and offer assistance. If not, you may want to post this question over on the RV.net boards as well. Lots of folks willing to offer advice and opinions there, and it is a huge camping community so someone likely has experience with that unit.

Lone Star has a WolfPack TT Toy Hauler and can offer some advice on quality. I've heard Forest River has a nice product.

We have a 2009 wolf pack 30wp we really like it we have had it a little over a year now. We use to have a Terry 5th wheel but I wanted my pickup bed back. The reason we went with this brand and model of trailer was floor plan. I needed a toy hauler that I could put 2 golf carts inside, have a private bedroom and a island bed. This was the only model we could find that met thses specs. We ordered ours from a dealer in Indiana and then had it delivered to us here in Texas. We had some minor issues with it when we got it but nothing to bad and our dealer and Forest River stood behind there product. The only down side I have to this trailer is I only get 5.5 to 6 mpg pulling it and I got 10 mpg with the old trailer. But we really like our trailer. Hope that helps if you have any questions fire away.

We have a 2009 wolf pack 30wp we really like it we have had it a little over a year now. We use to have a Terry 5th wheel but I wanted my pickup bed back. The reason we went with this brand and model of trailer was floor plan. I needed a toy hauler that I could put 2 golf carts inside, have a private bedroom and a island bed. This was the only model we could find that met thses specs. We ordered ours from a dealer in Indiana and then had it delivered to us here in Texas. We had some minor issues with it when we got it but nothing to bad and our dealer and Forest River stood behind there product. The only down side I have to this trailer is I only get 5.5 to 6 mpg pulling it and I got 10 mpg with the old trailer. But we really like our trailer. Hope that helps if you have any questions fire away.

When we first rented a truck/trailer combo in 2006 to get back into camping, I had made a comment about thinking I'd like to get a fifth wheel to another camper. He had the same thought you did, that many miss the storage space from the truck bed for things like a generator, fuel, tools that you may not want in the trailer storage spaces.

Do you miss the stability of the fifth wheel?

When we first rented a truck/trailer combo in 2006 to get back into camping, I had made a comment about thinking I'd like to get a fifth wheel to another camper. He had the same thought you did, that many miss the storage space from the truck bed for things like a generator, fuel, tools that you may not want in the trailer storage spaces.

Do you miss the stability of the fifth wheel?

Not really. I like everything else about the bumper pull so much more. The trailer from tip to tail is 36' long and the axles are located more towards the rear of the trailer (not centered) so it pulls really well but it does put a lot of weight on the truck(minimum 1200lb.tongue weight)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter