Wonder: 5/20/07 Day 2

Coach Rick

DIS Veteran
Just to recap from day one...WOW....Ok, got that out of the way...

When we last left you I was going to bed. :angel:

Next morning I once again woke early hoping to catch the sunrise this time, but I missed it by 10 minutes. :headache: Oh well, I looked fore and saw CC getting larger and larger. Once again, I woke up my lovely bride of 25 years, :yay: (me) :mad: (her) - :lmao: We got ready and went to Parrot Cay for breakfast. I gotta say I really enjoyed this breakfast. It was still a buffet, but I just found it more comfortable than the dive bombers up on deck 9. After breakfast we got ready for our day at CC, one enchanted island (sounds like a song). Headed downstairs and out. First order of business, buy a waterproof camera. Head over to the "personal watercraft", and check in. We ressies for separate craft. After a quick lesson and a brief safety talk we boarded the "little boats" and we were off. At first my kept sputtering, which meant the rest of the crew was quite a ways from me by the time I got it going ok, but that just led to more fun for me. I was amazed and thrilled to find them heading to open ocean. DW was about 100 yards in front of me by now, and I got to really open the throttle. The waves were still in the 4-6 foot area, so once I got beyond the breakwater I was airborne as much as I was in the water. :woohoo: Our guide took us to the other side of the island where we parked the PW's and he gave us a nice talk on the local ecology, and history. It was still very windy at that time. When We hopped back on the PW's and left that beach, I once again found a reason to dilly dally around until the rest of the group was a about a quarter of the way back. I had the two chasers still with me, but we got to really boogy going back...I think they caught on to me. :eek: They pretty much stayed aside of me most of the way back, but we still flew and I did finally catch up to DW, and managed a few times to jump her wake. Ok, I know, we are not supposed to do that. :sad2: Sorry:rolleyes: What a great time we had out there. Of course being a biker, I just kind of like things like that anyhow. One thing I will say, anyone riding one of those really needs to wear a life jacket. Let New England Patriot Hill be an example to all who ride. I can certainly understand how somebody can fall off one very easily, especially a passenger.

After our excursion, we decided to head over the Serenity Bay. By this time most of the good spots were taken, so we had to trek to close to the end of the beach but I was fine with that. We got a couple lounge chairs with an umbrella and we were good to go. I did go swimming for about 20 minutes, then laid down and fell fast asleep. What a relaxing afternoon. So now DW wakes me up because she is hungry. :rolleyes1 Ok, so we head over to get some food. Wonderful steak sandwich, and lots of fresh fruit. And that soft serve cookie dough was excellent. We headed back toward the ship, stopped and bought some souvenirs and headed to the ship to drop them off, and get my camcorder. I wanted to video Serenity Bay, but we didn't have time to head back there. We returned to the ship after stopping off at the post office, which by the way we have yet to see the post cards arrive at any of the places we sent them. So we settled back on board, I went down to deck 4 to watch as we pulled away from the dock, and felt a tinge of sadness.

We washed and got changed for the show, this time was the "Golden Mickeys". Excellent show indeed! Then we went back and got changed in our pirate outfits for dinner. Dinner that evening was again in Parrot Cay. We never did get to eat at "Animators Palate" since that was to be the first night of our rotation, and we spent that night in Palo. The seas were somewhat calm now, and very comfortable. After dinner we headed up to deck 9 for the Pirate Party. What a great time. We never did go to the buffet that we had heard about. I wasn't very hungry at that point, and didn't want to stuff ourselves. We were hoping for a special "sneak" preview of Pirates III, but all we got was the trailer. Argh, ye matey's .....

Thus ended day 2. What a spectacular day indeed. Still to come, the day at sea, and the spa treatment. Coming soon to a board near you. :wizard:

What a great day at CC.

I am enjoying your report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter