Wonder Land/Sea May 8-15 -- Day 5: Nassau? Nope!!

Ima Princess

Former CM: Thank you for calling Disney Resort Re
Thank goodness for inside cabins -- without the sunlight, DD slept past 8am. We stayed in 5127 which was very quiet and convenient to the aft elevators. We found the cabin to be spacious, the storage space plentiful and the bed comfy. DD liked her bed/couch, too. We used the cooling box frequently and it was a great feature! Tip: Buy drinks when they're 2-for-1 and keep one in the 'fridge! ;) We brought along the over-the-door shoe hanger, but never used it. Between the shelf in the bathroom and the drawers in the desk, we had plenty of space. We were thankful we brought a power strip with us -- we were able to charge batteries with ease and keep the nightnight plugged in, too.

We decided in advance to stay on board in Nassau. We had a leisurely morning as we donned swimsuits and cover-ups and enjoyed the breakfast buffet in Parrot Cay. DD wanted to check out the kids club, but we took her for a swim first. What a difference at the pool! The crowd was gone! Hooray! I'd say the morning of port days is the best time to swim. I found some chairs and DH and I took turns staying with DD and going to the adult pool which was practically deserted. DD got some hair braids and loved choosing the bead colors. We had a delicious wrap from Scoops and pizza from Pinocchio's for lunch on deck and then went back to our room to get DD ready for the kids club. DH and I enjoyed the adult pool while DD played at the club. We checked DD out of the club for a snack, knowing that she'd be back during our spa appointments. (I was suffering from maternal guilt, but don't worry as I'll be cured later) Within minutes of re-dropping DD off, we're paged to pick her up. Oh no! And we've got spa appointments in 10 minutes! We race down to find she was OK, but had a minor accident. We race to the room to change her clothes and race back to the club to drop her off. Whew! Another disaster averted! Thank goodness our cabin is on deck 5!

We arrive at the spa right on time and thoroughly enjoyed the Surial Spa, but I won't bore you with details. ;) I will only say I was surprised to see 1 color of mud after hearing tales of 3 different colors.

After the spa, we pick up DD to dress for dinner. Back to the club for her and off to "Who Wants To Be A Mouseketeer?" for us. I told DH that we should sit in different rows as the theatre wasn't full and the contestants are chosen by random. But did we? No! And guess what? The seat BEHIND ME (an empty row) was chosen! And based on the questions, I know we would've won some cash! Oh well. We'll remember that next time!

Back to the club to pick up DD, who is exhausted from dancing with Snow White and off to Parrot Cay for dinner. I don't usually order ribs, but the ones in Parrot Cay were outstanding! DD barely ate from exhaustion. The apple pie was enormous and too mushy for me, though DH enjoyed it. Gee, maybe I won't gain too much on this cruise after all! A quick stroll on the deck and back to the room for some sleep.

Thanks for the great report. We have an inside cabin too. Hope the "past 8am" thing holds true for us too!!!

Thanks for the report. I originally planned on an excursion in Nassau but changed my mind. I've been to Nassau lots of times and I thought that the ship might be deserted on that day for me to take advantage of it. You reinforced what I was thinking. I am going to go over to Atlantis in the afternoon while DD is at the club to do some touring and gambling. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter