Wonder - September 4, 2017 - 7 night Alaskan cruise

We've never been to Alaska either, so excited! We were supposed to go to Hawaii this year but it didn't happen, it's been on the list for what feels like forever. If you don't love the cruise I'll be shocked. You can either relax or stay busy, there is so much to do all day long. Remember to read the Daily Navigator, they give them the night before for the next day. I've read about so many kids that don't want to leave the kids clubs, they have so much fun in there. One thing my mom loves and they don't post anywhere is that they have Mickey Bars available for dessert through room service or in the dining rooms.

On our last DCL cruise, one of the gals at our table got a Mickey Bar for dessert EVERY night. She loved her Mickey Bars...but really, who doesn't??? :)

We just booked this cruise!! So excited!! This will be our second DCL cruise. First one was on the Fantasy. I'm actually looking forward to the "smaller" ship this time.

Any Alaska Cruise veterans out there that can recommend good tours? In Skagway we are contemplating either the Steam Train ride or the Grizzly Falls zipline tour. Does anyone have any reviews of either of these? In the research I've done thus far, both sound great.

On our last DCL cruise, one of the gals at our table got a Mickey Bar for dessert EVERY night. She loved her Mickey Bars...but really, who doesn't??? :)

:welcome: party:

The smaller ships are great. But they're all great, we don't prefer one over the other. But the really nice thing about the smaller ones is that you tend to see the same people over and over. The big ones we hardly ever do.

Mom loves her Mickey bars for dessert, be it lunch or dinner, and sometimes the last breakfast :laughing:

Hi every one Twirley here my disabled adult daughter and my self are going on this cruise. It is our second disney cruise and we really had fun participating in a fish extender group. Is there one started yet that we can join? Let me know please. We brought really cool stuff last time.

to shellyred8 I have been on the train out of Scagway twice amazing views as it twist and turns up the canyon. You can get history of the pass and see the old trail from the klondike gold seekers. I guess it depends on the ages of your children and if they want more adventure like a zip line, or more passive like a train ride.

Hi every one Twirley here my disabled adult daughter and my self are going on this cruise. It is our second disney cruise and we really had fun participating in a fish extender group. Is there one started yet that we can join? Let me know please. We brought really cool stuff last time.

:welcome:

It seems that more is being posted on the other site that they don't like us mentioning. I don't have an account over there but its worth checking out.

Hello everyone!
New to this site and my family and I will be going on our first cruise ever and also our first time in Alaska.
Not only that but it'll be the first time I'll be in the sea and the first time I'll be in the snow.
Super excited and I like to be well informed before I do anything, it helps me not het too much anxiety.
Saw that the above poster ^ mentioned a site that they don't like to be mentioned. I'd love to know which it is because I'm curious to see more about the people who I will be joining on this cruise.
Would someone be able to pm me the info?

Hello everyone!
New to this site and my family and I will be going on our first cruise ever and also our first time in Alaska.
Not only that but it'll be the first time I'll be in the sea and the first time I'll be in the snow.
Super excited and I like to be well informed before I do anything, it helps me not het too much anxiety.
Saw that the above poster ^ mentioned a site that they don't like to be mentioned. I'd love to know which it is because I'm curious to see more about the people who I will be joining on this cruise.
Would someone be able to pm me the info?

I would PM you the info, but members on here can't use PMs until they have a certain number of posts. The site people are referring to is a certain very popular social media site. Search for the name of the ship and the date and the group should come up. I'm on this cruise too, the group on that site is very active and is a great bunch of people :)

We're bringing a dozen! 6 adults and g13, b11, b9, b8, g5, b5, b4. Whoa we look crazy, but are so blessed! I'd love any tips for newbies, large groups, and kiddos!

ALSO, I'm confused about Pirate Night. We won't have it, right? Will we have something in its place?

Last edited:
We're bringing a dozen! 6 adults and g13, b11, b9, b8, g5, b5, b4. Whoa we look crazy, but are so blessed! I'd love any tips for newbies, large groups, and kiddos!

ALSO, I'm confused about Pirate Night. We won't have it, right? Will we have something in its place?

That sounds like a fun family, and even more fun to have them all on vacation together :)

Yes, we'll have Frozen Night instead of Pirate Night.

We will be on the cruise!!! My second Disney Cruise and my husband's first. We've never been to Alaska!!! Can't wait!!!

Hi everyone. My husband and I will be going. First cruise. Celebrating his birhtday and our anniversary. We were married in Disneyworld 4 years ago and are super excited for this adventure. Still working out my fish extender decor, but we can't wait!

Hi everyone. My husband and I will be going. First cruise. Celebrating his birhtday and our anniversary. We were married in Disneyworld 4 years ago and are super excited for this adventure. Still working out my fish extender decor, but we can't wait!

:welcome:

Yay for your first cruise!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter