'Wonder'ful trip report - Day 2

noahsmom

17 and counting
Day 2 – Nassau

DH and I woke up early and sat on the veranda watching the sun rise, it was very beautiful. Unfortunately there were some nasty looking storm clouds on the horizon. Being at sea it was difficult to tell what direction they were going. After DS woke up we went to Topsiders for the breakfast buffet – yum! You name, they have it. DH really liked the made to order omelets, he’s very picky about his eggs, he likes them very dry. DS and I say he likes them burnt. After breakfast DS swam for a hour or so. We had to get him to the club by 10 because Captain Hook was coming to teach them how to be a pirate. This worked out very well because DH and I had a 10:30 appt for a couples massage! We booked the REAS package and it was terrific!! No problems at all.

The massage was very nice. The room was small but pleasant with 2 massage tables side by side. They provided both a male and female masseuse which was nice. I wasn’t too sure about having a man give me a massage; I’ve only had them from women. They gave us what they call the spa taster, it is a back massage (back, shoulders and legs) then a facial. It was nice but I love the massage best so I wish we would have just had a full massage.

After changing back into our clothes we went back to the room to shower (my hair was a MESS). We then went to Tritons for lunch and then we were off to shop in Nassau. We are not big spenders when it comes to jewelry so I don’t know if the prices are as great as they say or not. I found the prices rather high and was a little sticker shocked. After going through about 7 jewelry stores I finally found one that had some nice rings for under $1000.00! I ended up with a ¾ carat emerald cut Tanzanite. I really, really like it. The Sunday after the cruise was our 17th wedding anniversary so this was my gift.
We also bought a couple of shirts at Del Sol and got the free tote bag. It’s very cool how the shirts change color in the sun. After that we went back to ship to relax before dinner. I used this time to do a load of laundry too. The laundry room on deck 7 is much bigger than the one on deck 6. The laundry finished just in time for us to go to dinner. Tonight was Parrot Cay.

Another great meal although I forgot to write down what we had and I can no longer remember what it was. We didn’t stay for the show. DS just did not like being around the server and asked to go back to the Oceaneer’s Club as soon as we finished. They were making flubber that night which he really enjoyed. Being 6 he was in the older group which meant they got to spend some time in the Oceaneer’s Lab. He liked the different activities.

DH and I just walked around the ship, checked the silent auction. No one had bid on the penny presses yet. We went back to the room and sat on the veranda. We picked DS up when they were done with Flubber and went to see Around the World in 80 Days. It was too late for DS but he really wanted to see that movie. It was OK, not great. Noah enjoyed it though. After the movie it was straight to bed – tomorrow is Castaway Cay.

It was a very nice day in Nassau, the threatening clouds never reached land and we had a beautiful day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter