floridahippy

Mouseketeer
WOODFIELDS FLORIDA FORAY - DAY 1
MIL - Joan 80
DH - Pete 51
Me - Fi 46
DD#1- Lisa 24
DD#2 - Vicky 19
Our holiday in a round about way started on the Wednesday evening when DH took Kayla, our mad black Labrador to her holiday accommodation and collected my MIL. On the Thursday morning we were all up at a reasonable time to do the last minute packing. We took our key down to a very kind lady who is mad enough to look after our three troublesome cats whenever we go away!!! The taxi came in good time and deposited us at our local coach station with plenty of time to spare. We got the National Express coach down to Gatwick – can anyone tell me why it is named express? We had to change at Heathrow, which was rather confusing, but at least we managed to end up at Gatwick!! We then found Arrivals and found a place to have a cup of coffee while waiting for our DD#1 to arrive from Lanzarote (where she works). MIL decided that she was really thirsty so ordered a large coffee but was really taken aback when it came in a HUGE cup – that is the first time I have ever seen her defeated by a coffee!!!
DD#1 flight was actually ahead of time and so we only had an hour to wait before she came through the arrival doors – it was so good to see her looking so well (she had major surgery two weeks before Christmas which we thought for a time would mean that she would have to cancel her holiday but luckily she is a quick healer!!). After hugs and kisses and rounding up all the cases, bags etc we made our way to get a bus to the Quality Gatwick hotel, which was our overnight stop. It was complete confusion at the bus stop and seemed like a free for all which was rather un-nerving but after waiting for ages and watching buses come and go we were soon left all on our own and still waiting!!! Our bus eventually arrived and we were asked for passes – I said we didn’t have any so he asked for money but after explaining that I had been assured that it was all included in the price he waved us on with a whispered – “I haven’t seen you”!!! We were the only ones on the bus and so I am left wondering what would have happened if more people had been about!! I had booked all this on-line through www.book-an-airport-hotel.co.uk two months before travelling.
We arrived at the Quality Gatwick where the entrance was all roped off and building work going on – not quite what I had in mind!!! Anyway after a major detour we found the temporary entrance, which due to it being a really narrow doorway provided us with rather a challenge on getting the cases through it!! The next hurdle was getting MIL past the gym entrance, which was just inside the hotel entrance. MIL is not a fitness freak but she was busy eyeing up the young men on the treadmill and other equipment!!! DD#1 & 2 were quite taken aback by their Nan’s observations!!! Well we checked in ok and made it to our three different rooms which of course were on different floors so it was rather fun making sure that the right luggage went with the right people to the right rooms!!
Our original plan was to go out and find dinner but as we were all really tired out we all voted to eat in the hotel restaurant, which was very nice and very reasonably priced. After a drink in the bar MIL, DH and myself retired to our rooms leaving the youngsters in the bar!!
Quality Gatwick hotel was reasonably priced but the rooms were nothing special and the rooms we had looked nothing like those pictured on the website. The food was good and was certainly well priced. The price was per room, which was a standard £53.00

I'm lookin forward to learning more about the MIL already :sunny: She sounds like great fun.

So pleased Lisa was all healed from her surgery. What a lovely family holiday you should all have :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter