woodfields Florida Foray Day 9

floridahippy

Mouseketeer
WOODFIELDS FLORIDA FORAY - DAY 9
We were all up early and after breakfast we caught a taxi to Islands of Adventure. We met Mike at the entrance and got caught for photos as soon as we went in – which this time we did agree to – sometimes it is nice to have everyone on at least one photograph!! The weather was fairly warm and sunny today and so we actually needed sunglasses too!! All of us went on the carousel which was great fun – MIL insisted she wanted to be on one that moved which was rather difficult getting her on and off!! Fun though!!!! She did love it though so the effort was really worth it!! After that we all went on 1fish 2 fish – yep-even MIL!! Us oldies were in one fish and Mike and the girls were in another one!! I had warned MIL about getting wet but she didn’t seem to mind and insisted on sitting on the outside (well MIL mustn’t be argued with must they?) She just put her hood up and was fine though!!
We then experienced Poseidon's Fury – which I thought had changed since we last went on it but perhaps not!! Quite a few little ones were crying in the dark which was a shame for them bless them! On our way round the park DD#2 spotted “Donkey” (of ‘Shrek’ fame!!) and rather fancied having him so we all tried to win one and nobody was more surprised than myself when I actually won it!!!! (To appreciate this you have to know my record of hitting anything that I aim for is usually nil - I was long ago banned from ever having another go at darts after nearly getting a bullseye somewhere other than the board!!). DD#2 was happy to have “Donkey” and soon was able to con Nan into carrying it for her!! We settled MIL in some shade –(exciting stuff having to do this on this trip!!) and we all headed on to Duelling Dragons – another family favourite!! Mike being the crazy person that he is used his digital camera on video mode for the entire ride – which turned out really good actually!! I wouldn’t have risked my camera but then I am not that adventurous. After riding DD a couple of times we collected MIL (who was chatting to Merlin which was rather worrying!!!) and headed for our usual eating-place in IOA, which is the Enchanted Oak!!! We actually sat out to eat; as the day was so beautiful we didn’t want to miss any of it!! We then made our way to the Flying Unicorn, which the girls were crazy enough to go on straight after eating (nobody else fancied that idea!!) They survived it and didn’t appear to even look slightly green!! Jurassic Park was our next stop but MIL sat it out again!! She was bag lady again!!! We thoroughly enjoyed this ride although we somehow got really soaked!!!!! So much for not doing water rides in this weather!! We then doubled back as people wanted to see Sinbad – what an odd show!! Good but bizarre – maybe you have to know more about Sinbad to appreciate it!! We then completely doubled back to get to the Hulk which made MIL a bag lady again. The girls went on Storm chaser (?) and then MIL became bag lady again while we rode Spiderman – still another of my favourites!! MIL was able to meet one of the super-heroes and have her photo taken with one which caused a great deal of teasing for poor MIL!!! The girls then dragged Mike and DH onto Dr Doom a couple of times while I took MIL to view the ‘water rides of IOA'!! Barges were closed for maintenance and Ripsaw ‘logs’ were all going down empty!!!! Can’t imagine why! As the exit to Dr Doom is through the amusement arcade the DD’s spotted various things they wanted to experience so they spent a very energetic 10 minutes on one of the dance machines and then DH, both DD’s and Mike all competed in one of the rally races!! We stayed till closing time and then Mike took the girls and MIL back to the Resort in his car while DH and myself walked to I drive and caught the trolley back!!
We rang for a takeaway from the Pizza Hut on site, which we all really enjoyed and then the girls got ready and went out with Mike and his friends up to Church St Station where the nightclubs still operate!!

Another great report Fi, I will catch up with the others tomorrow.

Sue :wave:

Shame Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges was down - as most people know on here, that's my most fave ride in the world :teeth: The girls sure seem to have a great time with Mike and his friends :cool1:

Anz :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter