Word of warning for onsite guests and scanning into gates

I didn't say fingerprint scanner were illegal. I said they required authorization which is true :). Others are debating these things are illegal/banned. There's definitely a lot of nuances and legal loopholes.

One can refuse the fingerprint reader. You just have to be willing to show ID. In fact I usually have to do this at USH anyways because the fingerprint reader always fails with me :crazy2:

I worked at a place where we did some biometric research and we were testing one system that captured fingerprints. It was semiconductor based so it wasn't like the common systems that are basically just a camera with a light. One of my coworkers had skin that simply wouldn't show up properly on the system. But she had fingerprints.

This happened to me last May. It's super frustrating and they take a LONG time to figure it out. You feel like you did something wrong, but you didn't. I know they have to have procedures to stop the scammers from taking advantage, I just think this way of flagging people is flawed. Hopefully, they rework this particular process.

or do the finger print like they do at WDW. It's nice they have 2 scanners & finger print check per CM. So 2 people can scan through at the same time.
Unfortunately the two scanners wouldn't work at Disneyland, simply due to location, they would end up with a mess of people rushing the gates and forcing their way in unfortunately, which means turnstiles are necessary, but fingerprint scanners would definitely reduce a lot of issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!