World of Color Status Watch?

OMG OMG OMG. I really don't want to get my hopes up but please please please...I'm there through next Friday and LOVE WoC Season of Light (which I assume is what they'll show if it comes up)...

OMG OMG OMG. I really don't want to get my hopes up but please please please...I'm there through next Friday and LOVE WoC Season of Light (which I assume is what they'll show if it comes up)...
I have the exact same reaction in a very high pitched voice! OMG!!! I really hope it comes back!!! :rotfl: :banana::Pinkbounc Will be there at Christmas! Would be perfect with a dessert party!

Per last nights Hojo webcam they were running the lights on the Wheel through some lighting sequences around 2:30am...no water or fountains visible though. You could also see testing of lights or possibly projections on the castle a little while after that (though obviously that's not related to WoC. Probably working on Mix Magic or whatever the new show is called).
I just happened to wake up at 3am ish today and saw the lights around the castle. We’re on the 7th floor of the DLH with a view of DTD and some of the park. In my sleepy haze I was so excited it might be WOC, then realized it was too far to the left. Glad to know I just missed the what ever DCA was doing.

We saw a boat on the lake yesterday and they had the diver flag up.

Last edited:
First time poster... I'm making my first trip to DLR on 12/11, and I'm holding out hope that WoC might be up and running by then! Right now the dessert party isn't available, so I'm wondering about MaxPass tickets on the day of the visit. If the show is running, how quickly do Fastpass tickets get claimed for WoC? In other words, how early do I need to book a fastpass?

First time poster... I'm making my first trip to DLR on 12/11, and I'm holding out hope that WoC might be up and running by then! Right now the dessert party isn't available, so I'm wondering about MaxPass tickets on the day of the visit. If the show is running, how quickly do Fastpass tickets get claimed for WoC? In other words, how early do I need to book a fastpass?
You need to get a physical FP for both WOC and Fantasmic! The WOC machines have been by the Little Mermaid ride in the past.

They will go FAST because it’s been gone so long. I’d get there early.

^Thanks! Next question.. if I get a physical FP for World of Color first thing, does that prevent me from getting another FP for the next 90 or 120 mins?

^Thanks! Next question.. if I get a physical FP for World of Color first thing, does that prevent me from getting another FP for the next 90 or 120 mins?

No, I don't believe so. The FPs for WoC and Fantasmic are not connected to your rides/attractions FPs, so it shouldn't. Someone else can back me up on that, but I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
No, I don't believe so. The FPs for Woc and Fantasmic are not connected to your rides/attractions FPs, so it shouldn't. Someone else can back me up on that, but I'm pretty sure.

That is correct. There are rumors that WoC and F! will be added to the MP system soon but even if/when it is I would hope these shows would be a separate "category" and not impact your ability to pull attraction FPs.

Current state, though, paper FPs for WoC (and F!) are not connect to MP or other paper attraction FPs so you're all good.

Welcome to DIS! :welcome:

This thread may help answer some of these types of questions:

"World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447

:wizard:

Some observations over the past 2 nights and mornings:
(Only what I observed from my room)
  • Fountains have been in “show” position overnight
  • Individual elements are being tested, but not the full show
  • Water fans with some test projections
  • Many fountains shooting straight up continuously
  • Lights on Incedicoaster structure running test patterns
  • Fountains have been in “service” position in the morning
  • Several CM on platform in the morning, appear to be “inspecting” each fountain
While all the activity is a positive sign of progress, I would expect full show testing before the show returns.

Some observations over the past 2 nights and mornings:
(Only what I observed from my room)
  • Fountains have been in “show” position overnight
  • Individual elements are being tested, but not the full show
  • Water fans with some test projections
  • Many fountains shooting straight up continuously
  • Lights on Incedicoaster structure running test patterns
  • Fountains have been in “service” position in the morning
  • Several CM on platform in the morning, appear to be “inspecting” each fountain
While all the activity is a positive sign of progress, I would expect full show testing before the show returns.

Yeah unfortunatly I completely agree. If there is a plan to show to the press on the 5th, I'd expect a bit further along than this.

if it does come back up, at what time does the show normally run?

When I went it was around 7pm and then 9:30pm.

It was interesting to watch the progress throughout the day when we were there Friday. Morning started with everything up out of the water, then submerged as the day went on. Also, in the morning a boat went out with a diver on board I believe. If we had extra time it would have been fun just to watch the activity for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!