World of Color Superthread

I think it’s for this soft opening phase because the fp section for blue and yellow was open access once you entered.
It will be interesting to see if things go back to the way they were before or if there are any big changes once the show officially opens. Thanks for the update.

Can anyone give us an idea of where we need to stand to avoid these?
I stood to the right of center in what is usually the yellow fp section in the second tier from the top and didn’t feel like they blocked my view. I had a blue fp, as noted above the fp area was open access once inside this past weekend. This may change.

I stood to the right of center in what is usually the yellow fp section in the second tier from the top and didn’t feel like they blocked my view. I had a blue fp, as noted above the fp area was open access once inside this past weekend. This may change.

But if you're on the front row, they won't be in the way regardless of section right?

Correct, but that’s also the wet zone.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, I've only watched it once, but isn't that still a highly desirable spot that fills up faster than anywhere else? I think we lined up very early and still barely got a spot on the front down near the center. Had to actually split our group up and have 2 of us stand behind the shorter people on the rail.

Anyone have an idea of when woc fastpasses are running out? We won’t be in the park until later in the day.
I only saw one report, but they ran out at 1:45pm on the first day of the show on 2/22. When are you planning to arrive? I would personally aim to grab FPs by noon just to be sure.

I was scoping out tables while waiting for dessert party to start. It seems the further over to the right (facing WOC) are better for viewing IMO. You are not center but you miss the giant light tower going through the middle of the main water feature. That was my main concern with table 13- it was a high top in the center but with the tower running through the middle of the main water screen I felt the effect was ruined.

Can anyone give us an idea of where we need to stand to avoid these?
Go to the viewing area earlier in the day, have the map on page one of this thread on your phone, and check out various spots. See how the towers affect your view from the various viewing spots, then make your choice of where to go at night based on that information. Each person's view will be different based on height, group requirements, desire to/not to get wet, etc. The towers don't change position from day to night. Check out the area for yourself and make your decision.

I was at WOC Dessert Party seating for the 2/23/19 show. My family was seated at table 25 which is a high table in the back row directly to the left of the middle entry point where the check in CM w/ ipad is. So we were pretty much in the center of the viewing area. There was a low table in front of us but did not block our view. It was great in terms of being pretty much dead center, but compromised because of the tall black tower. You can see through the tower, but it isn't ideal. Still I loved the DParty experience. It is my fav. I like it better than F! and better than WOC Dinner because you get a chair that is assigned to you! I hate jockeying for position amongst a standing crowd (am 5'3"), and sitting on the cold hard ground ala F!, while doable, is not near as nice as a chair. The party plate of desserts, cheeses, fruits is pretty much as I remember it. We augmented by buying a nice loaf of sourdough at Boudin Bakery in Pacific Wharf as the breadsticks at the DParty are meh. It was plenty of food to fill in for dinner which helps me justify the tix price. The show was beautiful with more use of Pixar Pier structural lighting then I had remembered. It was the highlight of our impromptu visit (hadn't planned to return to Dland for quite some time but work sent me to a conference in Anaheim so what are you going to do?)

B
I was at WOC Dessert Party seating for the 2/23/19 show. My family was seated at table 25 which is a high table in the back row directly to the left of the middle entry point where the check in CM w/ ipad is. So we were pretty much in the center of the viewing area. There was a low table in front of us but did not block our view. It was great in terms of being pretty much dead center, but compromised because of the tall black tower. You can see through the tower, but it isn't ideal. Still I loved the DParty experience. It is my fav. I like it better than F! and better than WOC Dinner because you get a chair that is assigned to you! I hate jockeying for position amongst a standing crowd (am 5'3"), and sitting on the cold hard ground ala F!, while doable, is not near as nice as a chair. The party plate of desserts, cheeses, fruits is pretty much as I remember it. We augmented by buying a nice loaf of sourdough at Boudin Bakery in Pacific Wharf as the breadsticks at the DParty are meh. It was plenty of food to fill in for dinner which helps me justify the tix price. The show was beautiful with more use of Pixar Pier structural lighting then I had remembered. It was the highlight of our impromptu visit (hadn't planned to return to Dland for quite some time but work sent me to a conference in Anaheim so what are you going to do?)
Buying a loaf of bread is brilliant. I will do that next time because we could have used more bread especially for my daughters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!