World of Color Superthread

Are they still allowing guests with either color to move freely from one side to the other? That's obviously probably not a good strategy if I'm trying to get a certain spot, but just curious if it is possible.

Looks like no one answered here. All I can say is I would be surprised if they do not.

:wizard:

Asked a WOC CM about this tonight. (Disclaimer: He wasn't a lead, so take his answer with the proverbial grain of salt.) CM said that they are still allowing Blue and Yelllow FPs to move from one section to the other. Dining FP sections have now been separated back to the way it was before.

Historically I would say until 2 or 3 PM. I have not been to DLR since WOC reopened last month so I would plan to get their by noon until I hear differently.

Agree. With only one show each night, WOC FPs have been running out earlier than they were before the long break. If the show goes back to two shows per night, then the FPs should last longer. For a big holiday weekend, I would plan on getting to the machines before noon, if possible, just for peace of mind.

I hope they go back to two shows a night. Or at least on weekends. It was cool being able to walk up to the 2nd show 15-30 min before it started and get a front row spot in the wet zone of the yellow section.

If you do want to see the show without waiting at all I think that seeing it from the other side of paradise bay is an option now. It seems to me like they must have upgraded to projectors during the long refurb. It’s a bit of an obstructed view but if you go to the area between angry dogs and the Pixar pal around you can clearly see most of the projections. Don’t get me wrong it’s still 1000 times better from the front. But if you don’t have time to get a FP and don’t want to splurge on one of the packages there are options to still see it with no wait.

I hope they go back to two shows a night. Or at least on weekends. It was cool being able to walk up to the 2nd show 15-30 min before it started and get a front row spot in the wet zone of the yellow section.

If you do want to see the show without waiting at all I think that seeing it from the other side of paradise bay is an option now. It seems to me like they must have upgraded to projectors during the long refurb. It’s a bit of an obstructed view but if you go to the area between angry dogs and the Pixar pal around you can clearly see most of the projections. Don’t get me wrong it’s still 1000 times better from the front. But if you don’t have time to get a FP and don’t want to splurge on one of the packages there are options to still see it with no wait.
With SWGE coming I completely expect two WOC shows per night.

Hey DISFriends!

So i bought and booked a reservation for the WOC Dessert party for some dear friends of mine (they’ve never seen WOC and I personally LOVE the dessert party and wanted them to experience it) but I realized that it’s under my name (and i don’t remember how things work for the dessert party. It’s been 2 years since I watched WOC. But I did give Disney my friend’s number and email however)

Can they enter if they use my name? Or will they need my ID?

When we went on Thursday all I said was our last name and party of 2 and they just checked us off a list, no ID required, so I would think they would be ok.

If I have Maxpass do I need to obtain a paper FP for WOC and will this affect when I can get another FP?

My family of 4 plans to dine at Carthay Circle at some point in our August trip. Thought we could kill 2birds and possibly do a Dining Pkg for a late lunch at CC.

But is it recommended to see WOC with the CC Dining package or Dessert party?

Which area has the best view? We would be willing to arrive 45min early but wouldn’t want to be waiting in a line to get into the area for70+ minutes to get the best standing spot (dining pkg) or best table (dessert party)

If I have Maxpass do I need to obtain a paper FP for WOC and will this affect when I can get another FP?

You will have to get those in paper. But it doesn't affect when you can get another ride fast pass.

Update: a change occurred just a few days after this post and answer. You can now get World of Color and Fantasmic fastpass using Maxpass. It remains true that obtaining a show fastpass, either the traditional way at a fastpass machine or using Maxpass, does not affect when you get a ride fastpass.

My family of 4 plans to dine at Carthay Circle at some point in our August trip. Thought we could kill 2birds and possibly do a Dining Pkg for a late lunch at CC.

Which area has the best view? We would be willing to arrive 45min early but wouldn’t want to be waiting in a line to get into the area for70+ minutes to get the best standing spot (dining pkg) or best table (dessert party)
The OP answers these questions in great detail.

Update: a change occurred just a few days after this post and answer. You can now get World of Color and Fantasmic fastpass using Maxpass. It remains true that obtaining a show fastpass, either the traditional way at a fastpass machine or using Maxpass, does not affect when you get a ride fastpass.

Would you have to be in DCA to get it from Maxpass or could you be in DL?

The answers to your questions are completely subjective. Some people prefer the dinner dining packages (either CCR or WCT) because they want a full meal for the price paid. Totally understandable. Other people prefer the Dessert Party dining package because they want a guaranteed seat in a guaranteed chair. Totally understandable. The choice is up to you. We've had great viewing in all FP areas -- free (yellow and blue), CCR, WCT, and the Dessert Party. And there have been reports of poor to very poor viewing in all FP areas, including the Dessert Party. There is NO guarantee of perfect viewing in any area for WOC. And there is good-to-great viewing in ALL areas. It all comes down to how much research you do beforehand, how much time you are willing to invest in waiting for good spots, and how much money you are willing to pay (if any) for your viewing area or seats. All areas, including the Dessert Party, will require some kind of a wait unless you don't care where you end up. As suggested above, read the first post in this superthread, and maybe the last few pages to get the latest updates, then see which option (free FP, CCR package, WCT package, or the Dessert Party) will be the best fit for your family.

Last edited:
The answers to your questions are completely subjective. Some people prefer the dinner dining packages (either CCR or WCT) because they want a full meal for the price paid. Totally understandable. Other people prefer the Dessert Party dining package because they want a guaranteed seat in a guaranteed chair. Totally understandable. The choice is up to you. We've had great viewing in all FP areas -- free (yellow and blue), CCR, WCT, and the Dessert Party. And there have been reports of poor to very poor viewing in all FP areas, including the Dessert Party. There is NO guarantee of perfect viewing in any area for WOC. And there is good-to-great viewing in ALL areas. It all comes down to how much research you do beforehand, how much time you are willing to invest in waiting for good spots, and how much money you are willing to pay (if any) for your viewing area or seats. All areas, including the Dessert Party, will require some kind of a wait unless you don't care where you end up. As suggested above, read the first post in this superthread, and maybe the last few pages to get the latest updates, then see which option (free FP, CCR package, WCT package, or the Dessert Party) will be the best fit for your family.
The OP answers these questions in great detail.

Thank you both. I did read the post and several others which has prompted my questions -trying to get at which is the best view for our first visit. Sitting is great but not at the expense of seeing the show from a good location. It appears the answer is that it is subjective and varies by spot in each area. I will hope that a 45min to anhour early arrival will get us in a prime spot next to the railing of our section (dinner package or dessert party) i will do a little more revieiwing to best understand the viewing area sections so that we know where to head to first.

Thank you both. I did read the post and several others which has prompted my questions -trying to get at which is the best view for our first visit. Sitting is great but not at the expense of seeing the show from a good location. It appears the answer is that it is subjective and varies by spot in each area. I will hope that a 45min to anhour early arrival will get us in a prime spot next to the railing of our section (dinner package or dessert party) i will do a little more revieiwing to best understand the viewing area sections so that we know where to head to first.
Hi @Sydnerella! We've done both. It's mostly a matter of personal preference. My favorite viewings were the ones in the viewing area, closer to the action. My favorite was front and center in the wet zone (fortunately no wind that night so we didn't get wet). Just so majestic, and I loved being so close. We have seen it from one of the dining sections, but got there early enough we could be at the rail for that section. It's so frustrating to deal with the possibility of having someone taller than you blocking your view. If I recall properly, we got there about 90 minutes before show time, which was about an hour before we were let into the viewing area.

We also did the dessert party. That was a very pleasant low stress viewing experience. I just wasn't as great a fan of the view from there. You do get a better overall picture of the show, but I just didn't feel as connected to the show as I did when we were down so much closer. So it's really a matter of how you value the low stress experience versus the view you get of the show.

Hi @Sydnerella! We've done both. It's mostly a matter of personal preference. My favorite viewings were the ones in the viewing area, closer to the action. My favorite was front and center in the wet zone (fortunately no wind that night so we didn't get wet). Just so majestic, and I loved being so close. We have seen it from one of the dining sections, but got there early enough we could be at the rail for that section. It's so frustrating to deal with the possibility of having someone taller than you blocking your view. If I recall properly, we got there about 90 minutes before show time, which was about an hour before we were let into the viewing area.

We also did the dessert party. That was a very pleasant low stress viewing experience. I just wasn't as great a fan of the view from there. You do get a better overall picture of the show, but I just didn't feel as connected to the show as I did when we were down so much closer. So it's really a matter of how you value the low stress experience versus the view you get of the show.

Hi @mom2rtk !!

Thanks for replying! I have been hoping to see you here but didnt want to badger you personally with DL questions! Trying to plan touring for a new park is exciting, fun and a bit daunting... queue the star wars first order music!

We will likely do a dinner package early in the trip and then if we have the chance/desire to FP it for another night, then that will be what we do! Now just need to figure out the best pleace to see it on the railing from dining package spots.

I need to re-read your trip reports as part of my research! Hope all is well with your family!

I talk about this in the OP too, and that is highly unlikely. You can hope, but I doubt it will happen. Just being realistic. Being at the railing is the most important thing, which it sounds like you understand. I hope it all works out!

This is from the OP and it talks about the "best spots".

Which World of Color viewing section is the best?

There are two color sections (blue and yellow) plus the preferred dining section (often given a green color on charts). People often ask which section is best.

It is critical to understand that every section has good viewing spots and every section has poor viewing spots. Hence a good viewing spot in any color section is better than a poor one in a different section. See the view chart map shown previously for location of good viewing spots. In general if you cannot get to any of the spots in the chart then try to get right on a rail which faces the show.

For more information on this see The Best World of Color Viewing Spots

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter