World of Color Superthread

To follow up on the diabetic options: We did the party this past Tuesday Feb 25th. My FIL is diabetic and requested a diabetic plate. He got a plate with several sugar free desserts and some grapes. He was a little disappointed there was no cheese on his plate, but the cast member quickly brought a full plate of all cheese. He was very satisfied with the options and liked trying the sugar free stuff. If I remember correctly his plate had a chocolate covered strawberry, a marzipan cake pop, a chocolate mousse dessert, and a fruity granola type dessert along with grapes, pineapple, and melon.

This is curious...(I posted in another thread, but maybe I'll get a faster answer here :-) ). I've been waiting to book WOC Dinner for 5/1. It showed up for 5/2 today but is off the calendar the prior week from 4/22-5/1. As it usually runs every night do you think there a refurb going on or something else? Or do you think this is a glitch and it will be added for 5/1?

This is curious...(I posted in another thread, but maybe I'll get a faster answer here :-) ). I've been waiting to book WOC Dinner for 5/1. It showed up for 5/2 today but is off the calendar the prior week from 4/22-5/1. As it usually runs every night do you think there a refurb going on or something else? Or do you think this is a glitch and it will be added for 5/1?
We are waiting for the WOC DP for 4/25. In the past, they simply have not confirmed show times yet and will post soon; however the 5/2 availability makes me wonder about the schedule that week. We will stalk the reservations and hope it opens up. We have a Fantasmic! back up plan if it isn’t available. Regular dining packages for WOC aren’t open for that week (April 22 - May 1) either. The WOC dessert party and dining scheduling marches to a beat of a different drummer as compared to other reservations. Good luck and I hope it opens for all of us!

We are waiting for the WOC DP for 4/25. In the past, they simply have not confirmed show times yet and will post soon; however the 5/2 availability makes me wonder about the schedule that week. We will stalk the reservations and hope it opens up. We have a Fantasmic! back up plan if it isn’t available. Regular dining packages for WOC aren’t open for that week (April 22 - May 1) either. The WOC dessert party and dining scheduling marches to a beat of a different drummer as compared to other reservations. Good luck and I hope it opens for all of us!
Hmmm. WOC does not go down often. Only really one time as I recall in 2018. Then they had an accident during that refurb that kept it down much longer than planned.

My guess is that it will show in late April and will become available soon. As others have said, and @MikeRx above notes, WOC reservations can be tricky. It could be down that week. If it was that, I would have expected a refurb announcement from Disney. You may want to call Disney dining and ask?

:wizard:

Hmmm. WOC does not go down often. Only really one time as I recall in 2018. Then they had an accident during that refurb that kept it down much longer than planned.

My guess is that it will show in late April and will become available soon. As others have said, and @MikeRx above notes, WOC reservations can be tricky. It could be down that week. If it was that, I would have expected a refurb announcement from Disney. You may want to call Disney dining and ask?

:wizard:
I called Disney Dining Reservations today. They said WoC is dark for that week. That's why the dates don't show up as available for the on-line booking. Unlikely to change at this point, I wouldn't count on it.

I called Disney Dining Reservations today. They said WoC is dark for that week. That's why the dates don't show up as available for the on-line booking. Unlikely to change at this point, I wouldn't count on it.
Thanks for letting us know!

WOC is on the calendar for 5/2 but there are no WOC dessert reservations just dinner. Any ideas with what's going on?

I emailed them and got a generic “dates are always changing” reply. I’ll operate like it’s dark, but still check back each day. I’m glad we have a F! dinner reservation booked. Thanks for calling and posting.
Mike

I just checked and the Dessert Party is available starting on 5/5 and 5/6. Hope that helps some folks.

The dining packages are available on the 2nd, then storyteller's is unavailable on the 3rd (possibly fully booked as the other two restaurants are available) but then the 4th is unavailable everywhere. Isn't that weird? Any ideas on an explanation?

Last edited:
I just checked and the Dessert Party is available starting on 5/5 and 5/6. Hope that helps some folks.

The dining packages are available on the 2nd, then storyteller's is unavailable on the 3rd (possibly fully booked as the other two restaurants are available) but then the 4th is unavailable everywhere. Isn't that weird? Any ideas on an explanation?
It's May the 4th (be with you), which draws a lot of the Star Wars crowd.

I am sure the answer is somewhere in these forums, but somehow can't seem to find it.... Apologies
[Re: the WOC Dining Package at Storyteller's Cafe]
Simple question: Can you use the Grand California entrance from DCA to get to and leave the Storyteller's Cafe? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
When can you start making a reservation for the World of Color Dessert Party? Is it 60 days out? I am looking at the reservations screen on the website and it looks like just 45 days are currently open. I have a package booked through Costco for the end of June staying at the Disneyland Hotel but none of that shows in My Disneyland. If it is 60 days out will I be able to book on April 28th? Or do they just open a couple months at a time like Florida does? Or is it because my reservation doesn't show up in their system because I can't link it on the My Disneyland site.

Reservations are available 60 days out, i.e, May 8th. It’s a safe assumption that on the days that do not have package availability before May 8th, there will be no World of Color show.

You do not need to have a package booked or in the system to make reservations.

There are no world of color shows end of April for some reasons. We were going to book the dessert party for last week of April but sadly we will have to wait until another time.

We have had this problem in the past. When I finally talked to someone who knew what they were talking about it turned out to be the entertainment division dragging their feet on making up the schedule for all entertainment. Turned out to be correct at least for us . World of Color schedule showed up about 2 weeks late.

We have had this problem in the past. When I finally talked to someone who knew what they were talking about it turned out to be the entertainment division dragging their feet on making up the schedule for all entertainment. Turned out to be correct at least for us . World of Color schedule showed up about 2 weeks late.

Except that it is available to book in May. Just not April 22 - May 4. It sounds to me like it will be dark during that period. Which stinks, cuz that's when I wanted to book it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter