Worst Things About Hollywood Studios?

Teleclashter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey everyone! For those who don't watch our shows or vlogs, I'm Craig - the producer of the DIS Unplugged! We are working on an episode about the worst things of Hollywood Studios, but want your input. We personally think that the shows and upkeep of the park are among the worst, but what else would you add to our list! Chime in and we'll add your feedback to our show.

Lack of decent eating options!

Edit: As far as non-signature dining options go, mama melrose I thought was horrible. The quality at Hollywood and vine isn’t much better. I like the atmosphere at Sci Fi but last time I went all my food was cold. Prime time has become my go to place, but the food is kind of heavy so in the summer it’s too much. I usually find myself leaving the park for a meal on HS days. There is also not a lot of variety in their CS meals, though they do seem to be slowly working on that.

Last edited:
Lack of decent eating options!

This. Honestly, that's the only real problem. Most of the shows are great. I know that frequent visitors may get tired of them (though I will never get tired of Voyage of the Little Mermaid!), but most people are seeing them for the first time. Plus, the nighttime spectaculars, Fantasmic! and Star Wars, are both great. Beyond that, ToT is one of the best rides...anywhere! I know there have been some growing pains in this park, but once SWGE opens, It'll be in great shape, at least, if I can get a decent CS meal there!

I would agree with dining, especially quick service. Also getting quite wet sitting near the back of the theatre at Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

Stop taking away things. Bring in more rides and shows that appeal to teens and adults.

We have been skipping the park completely over our last few visits. For our upcoming trip we are just going in to do RRC, the two new Toy Story rides, Star Tours, and possibly Indiana Jones (if we’re still there at noon). Main reason in going is to try SDD.

They took away the Stunt Show/Fear Factor. No more Backlot Tour, Twister, or the Earthquake ride.

The new Star Wars things will be neat, once the mob scene has died down- but, come on - bring back some more entertainment. I miss just hanging out in the back part of the studios, snacking on some treat and waiting for a show, and the Ghostbusters show up to entertain us.

Maybe its just me, but I skip Studios and head to Universal.

Stop taking away things. Bring in more rides and shows that appeal to teens and adults.

We have been skipping the park completely over our last few visits. For our upcoming trip we are just going in to do RRC, the two new Toy Story rides, Star Tours, and possibly Indiana Jones (if we’re still there at noon). Main reason in going is to try SDD.

They took away the Stunt Show/Fear Factor. No more Backlot Tour, Twister, or the Earthquake ride.

The new Star Wars things will be neat, once the mob scene has died down- but, come on - bring back some more entertainment. I miss just hanging out in the back part of the studios, snacking on some treat and waiting for a show, and the Ghostbusters show up to entertain us.

Maybe its just me, but I skip Studios and head to Universal.

You may be conflating Hollywood Studios with Universal a bit there. Fear Factor and Twister were both at Universal. "Earthquake" was too, but the Backlot Tour at Disney had the very similar scene in "Catastrophe Canyon." Ghostbusters were also only at Universal. I get that you miss that stuff, but Uni took some of it away too. Of course, maybe it's in what they added, like Harry Potter, etc. but it's not like Hollywood Studios doesn't have Star Wars coming soon.

Everything that's already been mentioned and....layout of the park.

Its definitely our least favorite park as well. I actually really do enjoy the IPs, and I think it's a great place for them. But I have zero interest in a fake recreation of Hollywood(although this part seems to be slowing dying off).

Toy Story Land is an absolute bottle neck with no shade. Rope drop with the race to TSL/SDD is insane- pushing, shoving, etc. The lack of decent counter service food is a problem.

I would have to disagree with the PP's opinion of Mama Melrose-- we really enjoy it and think the food is decent. Love their Chicken Campenelle. We try to eat there about every trip.

I know people complain about the food options, but I've never had a problem at HS. Backlot recently changed their menu and Fairfax is a good option.

We always go to Baseline. It's one of my very favorite spots in WDW.

I think some of it is good but just not great. There's also no heavily themed type of place to go that isn't a Table Service. Sure, there is some decent food, but nothing particularly exciting.

I think some of it is good but just not great. There's also no heavily themed type of place to go that isn't a Table Service. Sure, there is some decent food, but nothing particularly exciting.

We mainly eat quick service and I still wouldn't call ANY of it "great."

I know people complain about the food options, but I've never had a problem at HS. Backlot recently changed their menu and Fairfax is a good option.

We always go to Baseline. It's one of my very favorite spots in WDW.
Baseline is a cool place, but it only has snacks. Backlot Express changed for the worse imo. I’ve never tried Fairfax because my experience of Mexican food at WDW has not been good. I’ll try it in October at your recommendation. It can’t be worse than the rest of the restaurants!

Baseline is a cool place, but it only has snacks. Backlot Express changed for the worse imo. I’ve never tried Fairfax because my experience of Mexican food at WDW has not been good. I’ll try it in October at your recommendation. It can’t be worse than the rest of the restaurants!

Maybe I fill up at Baseline because we order one of everything. :rolleyes1

Food is my biggest complaint. The new restaurants in SWGE look promising, though, if I can even get into the land to get to them.

Then it just needs more rides. I haven't seen any of the shows in about 15 years and none of them have even changed in that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter