Worst Things About Hollywood Studios?

We enjoy the attractions, but, I agree that the food options, suck. And I also agree with the layout - I "get" that it's not supposed to be themed lands like AK or MK, but that doesn't really excuse the multiple dead ends etc... We definitely did find it confusing to walk around. I also agree that the name doesn't work. The "Hollywood" is a dead theme. Simply Disney Studios would make more sense at this point.

I wish they would put the "Hollywood" back in Hollywood Studios. The contents of the park don't really fit the theme anymore in my opinion. I would skip this park altogether except that my husband likes TOT, SW, and RRC (although I definitely WILL be skipping it due to SWGE taking a giant crap on my vacation in Sept).

also the star wars fireworks show is always blocked by trees and steels rods and any obstruction you can think of.

The worst things about Hollywood Studios:

1. No Filler Rides - there are no ride that relieve the E-Ticket rides. The park needs some smaller rides like Dumbo or the PeopleMover that could shorten lines at the bigger attractions.

2. No merchandise store in Toy Story Land. Al's Toy Barn would be perfect for this.

3. Low Quality Bathrooms - Most of the restrooms in Hollywood Studios are not kept up as well as in the other parks. Even in the new Toy Story Land the hand dryers are over the sinks which causes other people to get sprayed.

4. Hollywood and Vine - Enough said

5. The Pizza Rizzo Space - If they are not going to keep this restaurant open then they need to put a new one in its place.

Honorable Mention - A lack of Jingle Bell Jingle Bam merchandise.

Hey everyone! For those who don't watch our shows or vlogs, I'm Craig - the producer of the DIS Unplugged! We are working on an episode about the worst things of Hollywood Studios, but want your input. We personally think that the shows and upkeep of the park are among the worst, but what else would you add to our list! Chime in and we'll add your feedback to our show.
Quality (and variety) of quick service options

Taking away animators academy, BIG mistake! Was a family favorite( have kept all of our drawings). Was a good place to sit and get out of the sun and bonus free souvenir!

MORE seating for woodys lunch box. It’s a joke! The whole area is just to small for that many rides and people.

Food options. If we eat in park it’s usually Sci-Fi. Not impressed with other choices.

Rope drop is downright dangerous and can’t even imagine how bad it will be when SWGE opens.

March of storm troopers every time you turn around. Gets old fast. And rope drop is insane. We were shoved around on our way to RNRC by people running through people on our last visit. I agree that upkeep is lacking as well

Hey everyone! For those who don't watch our shows or vlogs, I'm Craig - the producer of the DIS Unplugged! We are working on an episode about the worst things of Hollywood Studios, but want your input. We personally think that the shows and upkeep of the park are among the worst, but what else would you add to our list! Chime in and we'll add your feedback to our show.
The only bad shows at Hollywood Studios are Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic! While the Indy Stunt show and Voyages of the Little Mermaid are both among the best shows in Disney World.

Upkeep isn't that bad, but what is terrible is counter service, seriously worst of any of the parks. Even Woody's Lunch Box is just meh, which is a huge step up from revolting that the rest is. Although it is missing seating.

March of storm troopers every time you turn around. Gets old fast. And rope drop is insane. We were shoved around on our way to RNRC by people running through people on our last visit. I agree that upkeep is lacking as well
This is funny because I was hoping to see it. We spent an entire day there and never saw the march. Guess we zigged when the troopers were zagging.

Taking away the Osborne Lights.

No Disney Junior character meet and greets aimed at boys, my son loved meeting Jake and Handy Manny, even if they aren't featured on tv anymore. He has no interest in seeing Fancy Nancy or Vamperina. Why not add characters from Lion Guard or Puppy Dog Pals, heck even Muppet Babies?:confused3

I miss seeing afternoon parades. I hate that the only place I can watch a parade is Magic Kingdom. I understand why they don't do the parades, but it doesn't change my mind.

I wish they would put the "Hollywood" back in Hollywood Studios. The contents of the park don't really fit the theme anymore in my opinion. I would skip this park altogether except that my husband likes TOT, SW, and RRC (although I definitely WILL be skipping it due to SWGE taking a giant crap on my vacation in Sept).
I agree with this. I miss the HOLLYWOOD in this park now. I loved all the movie magic and stardust of tinsel town. I LOVE the citizens of Hollywood, and they are being phased out, or so it seems. I understand the need to upgrade and stay fresh, but don't movies upgrade and stay fresh too. Couldn't the upgrades deal with the new innovations in movie making? I love the rides here, and the shows are great, but could use some upgrading. I loved when they had Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and American Idol. You got a taste of what it was like to be in the audience of those shows. SO, I guess my complaint about HS, is the lack of coherent theming. Just my two cents.

My 2 cents:

1. I agree with the "junk drawer" comment. They have taken away the uniqueness of this park with deconstructing all the special elements. Remember when the Backlot tour was about 2 hours and took you through a real personalized walking tour? The Animation Studio was one of those last cool elements that paid tribute to the origins of the park. And the list goes on with those things...I am hopeful that the Citizens will never be on the chopping block because they are my tipping point of giving up on the park.
2. Toy Story Land--I can't even describe how disappointed I was with this area. The imagineers really didn't give any new ideas with this and the space itself feels like an overcrowded regular run-of-the-mill amusement park. Feels cramped and hot....all the time.
3. Agree with the food--nothing original here.
4. And they eliminated Sweet Spells! No bakery in the entire park. What?:confused3

Last edited:
I have to agree with many of the others. Quick Service choices at HS are the poorest of any of the 4 parks. Used to not mind ABC Commissary, but don't like their current menu. Backlot Express is okay, nothing special. HS is the one park where I'll try to make sure I eat either before or after visiting the park. With its current state of a half-day park, not a problem. That will hopefully change soon...

I agree with someone's comment long ago that the layout of the park is bad. The park seems constricted. It also feels like a circle, where you head in one direction, go off on a side trip and have to retrace your steps to get back on that circle. Even before Star Wars opens and the crowds will become, for a lack of a better term, hideous, the park has always seemed small and cramped. I fear for the impact that Star Wars will bring.

Stop taking away things. Bring in more rides and shows that appeal to teens and adults.

I'll expand on this and say to bring in more rides and attractions that appeal to everyone of all ages. For example, with aging, I've developed osteoarthritis in my neck and back. So my days of going on roller coasters and bounce you around rides are sadly over. That takes out RnRC, Tower of Terror, and Star Tours right off the bat. That leaves us with the shows and TSMM. IMHO, not enough for a full day at a park.

The new Star Wars things will be neat, once the mob scene has died down- but, come on - bring back some more entertainment.

Star Wars Land will be neat, but its going to be wall-to-wall chaos mob scene for a couple of years at least. The problem is that there aren't enough other attractions to spread out the crowds.

Maybe its just me, but I skip Studios and head to Universal.

Its not just you. I'd gladly skip DHS, but my daughter likes that park for some reason, so we end up going there. Since we don't get hoppers to save money, I feel cheated that i've burned a ticket day there.

I wish they would put the "Hollywood" back in Hollywood Studios. The contents of the park don't really fit the theme anymore in my opinion.

Agreed. Like Epcot but much worse, DHS is a park where one gets the impression that Disney is trying to figure out what to do with it.

and I'm coming back b/c I miss my Citizens of Hollywood glory days so much.....yes,some of them are still there,at certain times of the day. They used to be there for hours every day,and you could count on one or the other skit going on nearly constantly.... now it's like between 11-2 for a few minutes at a time. It's nothing at all like it used to be when you could barely take a step without another skit starting up along the streets. They were truly the best thing about the park since forever IMHO.(I still have a little plastic trophy I got for participating once years ago)

[QUOTE="hsmamato2, post: 60426334, member: 85047
3) Stormtrooper marches through what used to be fake movie sets,etc. (see #2) Stormtroopers are nazis. And I don't enjoy watching them march around every 15 minutes with the awful music blaring. They're the villians in the movie,and it just feels wrong that they've become the main focus of the entire park..[/QUOTE]

I love Star Wars. I cosplay in my free time. I did not love the Stormtrooper marches that seem constantly going and clogging up the very center of the park when you are trying to get to the other side. It was fun the first time I saw it. After that we tried to avoid that area like the plague

and I'm coming back b/c I miss my Citizens of Hollywood glory days so much.....yes,some of them are still there,at certain times of the day. They used to be there for hours every day,and you could count on one or the other skit going on nearly constantly.... now it's like between 11-2 for a few minutes at a time. It's nothing at all like it used to be when you could barely take a step without another skit starting up along the streets. They were truly the best thing about the park since forever IMHO.(I still have a little plastic trophy I got for participating once years ago)
maybe you've missed their sets but they still do the Hollywood Cavalcade, Bachelor/Bachelorette, 99, the only real troupe that is completely gone is the Hollywood Public works.

I agree with these comments:

- Of the four major parks, this one offers the least. It's not quite fair to say it's a half-day park, but it just doesn't offer as much as the other three. Oh, it has some superstars -- for example, Twilight Zone -- but, overall, it isn't the blockbuster that the other parks are.
- I agree that the layout isn't as "friendly"; as other people have said, lots of dead ends, which means more back-tracking, more steps.
- Unlike Magic Kingdom, it doesn't have something magical to see at every step.
- Other people have mentioned food. I'm ambivalent; I like but don't love Prime Time and the drive-in themed place, but -- admittedly -- food isn't my prime motivation inside the parks.

I disagree with this thought:

- Hollywood Studios is less cohesive /less themed. Consider that EPCOT has two completely different "halves", and no one thinks it's lacking in cohesiveness. The park could improve, but I don't think this is the issue.

And something I don't think anyone else has said:

- Ticket prices, though this isn't unique to Hollywood Studios. Ticket prices are just outrageous these days, and Disney has closed the option for "buying ahead" with non-expiration tickets. They're pricing people out of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter