Worth booking Thomas Cook flight seats in September?

Staceysparkle8

Earning My Ears
Hi!

Myself and my husband are flying from Glasgow to MCO on 20th September with Thomas Cook, and flying back two weeks later on the Airtanker-operated flight. Looking on the website, it looks like about half the seats are booked. The flight is a mostly 2-4-2 formation.

I'm just wondering if anyone thinks it's worth booking the seats?? It will cost us £100 at least to book for us both going out and coming back, which is a rip off if you ask me. With it just being the two of us, and the fact September is a less popular travel date, I'm thinking we will probably be ok if we are at the airport early and get our seats that way. I've never booked seats for flights before, and its always been fine, but I have a little niggling doubt for some reason!

Just wonder if anyone can give me some insight to their experiences with this airline at this time of year?? Or anyone who has travelled from Glasgow in September, how busy was your flight? Does anyone know of any websites where you can see historic travel numbers on flights?? Any thoughts are appreciated :)

I would absolutely NOT pay to book seats. I never have and I never will. There are 5 of us flying with Virgin next month but there is no way I am forking out to book the seats in advance, even if it means that we won't all be sat together. It's only 8 hours. I have never had an issue getting seats together for two of us when it is just DH and I travelling.

September is a slow time to travel, I can't imagine you having any issues getting seats together.

I would absolutely NOT pay to book seats. I never have and I never will. There are 5 of us flying with Virgin next month but there is no way I am forking out to book the seats in advance, even if it means that we won't all be sat together. It's only 8 hours. I have never had an issue getting seats together for two of us when it is just DH and I travelling.

September is a slow time to travel, I can't imagine you having any issues getting seats together.

Thank you so much for your thoughts. I just can’t believe how much it costs to pick a seat!!! It’s scaremongering you into paying more money (which I almost did!) but I’m thinking we’ll be okay

I'd take my chances - on our last short hop to Dublin we were all in single seats dotted all over the plane. The cabin crew approached my DS and offered to try and get him a seat next to me. He declined and said he prefered the peace and quiet where he was!

Hahaha :rotfl2: Hopefully my DH won't mind my company for 9 hours. I think if I get to the airport for the check in desk opening, we'll be okay. I'd rather have the £100 to bring back some souvenirs.

We're travelling with TC for the first time in Sept too. We've already booked seats, but they must have been included in the price as we chose the premium seats as I wouldn't pay extra to choose seats. Not when it's that much anyway. I've never paid to choose seats, and I probably never will.

I can't remember which airline we (me and DH) flew with at the time, but once we went to Orlando we got separate seats when we checked in our bags, but the staff told us not to worry as the seating arrangement would be rearranged before the flight. When we boarded the flight everyone got a new ticket and we got to sit together anyway.

I think the airlines would do what they can to keep people in the same group seated together, especially when it's a long flight.

We're travelling with TC for the first time in Sept too. We've already booked seats, but they must have been included in the price as we chose the premium seats as I wouldn't pay extra to choose seats. Not when it's that much anyway. I've never paid to choose seats, and I probably never will.

I can't remember which airline we (me and DH) flew with at the time, but once we went to Orlando we got separate seats when we checked in our bags, but the staff told us not to worry as the seating arrangement would be rearranged before the flight. When we boarded the flight everyone got a new ticket and we got to sit together anyway.

I think the airlines would do what they can to keep people in the same group seated together, especially when it's a long flight.

Yeah I’m sure it would be in their best interests to keep their customers happy by keeping parties together. Thanks for your thoughts. Think it’s decided, not going to pay!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter