Worth spending only a few hours at Legoland?

Disco Lemonade

Mouseketeer
We are doing a San Diego/Disneyland trip in the fall. We have one day in between that we have not booked a hotel for. Would it be worth staying at Legoland if we only had time to visit for a few hours? Or is it too big to make that make sense (more of an all day thing)? The alternative is staying an extra day near Disneyland or in L.A.

Personally I don’t think there’s that much to do at Legoland but my son loves it. Check out the website and see how much of it interests you. It’s not a big place so it might depend on how crowded it is. Also they can have weird hours so check out their calendar, they can be closed completely or closed very early after summer ends.

Every time I've been we've arrived at opening and left and closing and have never seen the entire park. Of course my son can spend 3 hours playing at the racetrack and lego boat path so your mileage may vary.

I also am not a big Legoland fan but my kids love it. You can do it in a few hours if you're just doing rides, or stay multiple days if you do all the rides, shows, experiences, etc. Mine can also spend hours at the racetrack and the medieval playground.

I think Legoland is geared more to the younger kids. The rides are nothing spectacular. My daughter went thru the park pretty fast. What she did enjoy was the water park.

Our kids were 11 when we went and they were almost too old. We enjoyed the lego sculptures the best but the rides were just so so. The kids liked some things, but a lot of the rides were just too little.

Kids will definitely love the legoland, its not too big but has plenty to offer for kids but as SA mom says if they are 10 yr or above then only some rides fit in

We have a go San Diego pass and were thinking about going to Legoland after the Zoo Safari Park. Is it worth the drive to just go and see the Lego sculptures. I know the rides won't likely work for us. It's just DH and I.

It’s so subjective @ottawamom that it’s really hard to say. Personally I’ve been unimpressed with Legoland. Especially after our last visit when it was really a lot dirtier. It was very crowded and hot which didn’t help. At DL I can be amused just wondering around but that’s harder at places like LL which have so little theming. Have you looked at the pictures online? The sculptures are neat but for me would not be worth a visit alone. But then I’d rather stare at the tigers at the Safari Park even though they usually just lay there so it depends on what interests you. We were pretty worn out after the heat of the Safari Park that I wouldn’t have wanted to go by LL but I hate the heat so that could be a fun day to someone else.

Thanks I'll have to give it some more thought. I'm not likely to go the Legoland in Florida. My only reason for going is to see the sculptures and as its included with our pass I figured it might be worth it. We'll get to see some more of California that way too.

We have a go San Diego pass and were thinking about going to Legoland after the Zoo Safari Park. Is it worth the drive to just go and see the Lego sculptures. I know the rides won't likely work for us. It's just DH and I.

I am also not a huge fan of Legoland, and wouldn't go without children. But if you are wanting to make the drive and it's free they do have some impressive sculptures, though many have been looking dirty and run down lately.

That's too bad. Ultimately I would like to go see the Lego sculptures in Europe but that will have to wait.

We went once and spent a full day and didn't do much of anything. The few rides we went on were long waits, the kids did a robotics class, and then spent time in Miniland. We went during the holidays and realized (after we decided to just walk around before leaving) that there was alot of other fun stuff the kids may have enjoyed doing that were not rides. If you only have a few hours and make it clear yall are only there to do certain things (like maybe just miniland or something) then maybe its worth it but otherwise I think you all will be disappointed.

We went to see Legoland last week because we really wanted to see the sculptures in Miniland. Yes things were looking a little tired in need of a refresh but we enjoyed it anyway. Thought about doing a ride on the Dragon roller coaster but the lineup was over an hour so we just walked around enjoying the things made with Lego and then left.

Was is worth it? Our admission was covered by a GO San Diego card so we were only out of pocket for the parking ($20). It was an enjoyable 2 hours so I would have to say yes (we are big Lego fans). I agree with others there really isn't a lot to do at Legoland, others seemed to be having fun with their little ones so it might be an age thing.

This trip to all San Diego touristy parks I have come to realize that Disney has set the bar really high. All the amusement parks we toured paled in comparison to the standards set by Disney (even though some would say Disney no longer has the standards they once did)

Our kid loved Legoland it turns out. She is almost 3 and the park seems to be geared toward 3-8 year olds, so it was in her wheelhouse. I don't think I would go as just adults or with an older kid though. It's a toddler paradise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!