Would Gay Marriage "Outing" Bother You.

SanFranciscan

DIS Veteran
Because I am a supporter of the No On Prop 8 Campaign, I get e-mail about this pretty regularly. Yesterday I got a message that the Yes on 8 people having been contacting donars to the No on 8 people saying that their names will be "exposed" if they don't donate an equal amount to the Yes on 8 campaign to stop gay marriage. I haven't gotten any "threatening" letters like that? Have you?

Would you care if your name was made public for supporting legalized gay marriage? I wouldn't. I think it just makes those "exposing" me look petty. I am not even in a same-sex relationship so what exactly would they be "outing" me for? For believing that whom other people decide to marry is none of my business? It is none of my business.

Is this what you are referring to?

Calif. gay marriage ban backers target businesses

Let me see, they are demanding $$ from business or they will publish the business name, saying the business is anti-traditioinal marriage in an effort to damage the business.

Sounds a bit like extortion to me.

It is extortion.

No. It wouldn't stop me from doing what I know is the only ethical thing, and that is to support marriage for any two adults who wish to engage in a legally binding ceremony.

That garbage has to stop. Being in support of an ethical principle must not become the mechanism for extortion or blackmail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter