Would it be an issue to have someone else "fill in" for an ADR you booked?

2019TripIdeas

Mouseketeer
Not sure how to phrase this, but our scenario is that the kids grandparents will be watching them during at least 2 days on our trip. Grandparents won't have park tickets I don't think, so was planning to make a reservation for a character breakfast or lunch in the Boardwalk area for when they're with the kids.

Do I just go ahead and make the reservation and then they check in as me? It would still be the same amount of people (5) as are on our other reservations, just subbing in different adults. That should be fine right?

It should be fine. I travel with extended family every year and most often the person who checks us in isn’t the person who made the ADR. In many trips no one has ever needed to scan their magic band to prove who they are at check in.

I made an ADR for my SIL to take my grandson to CP for lunch on a quick trip they took. He checked in as me and I gave him the rsvn number. He had no problem at all.

They can check in as you or you can simply make the reservation in one of their names. Make profiles for them in your MDE account and, when you get to the "guests" section of the ADR system, pick one of them as the lead guest.

Make sure they have the reservation number. I take a screenshot, but at least have it written down. I've only needed to "prove" that I had a reservation twice (in more than 50 reservations), but having that reservation number made it much easier and faster to verify that I did actually have a reservation. It is very likely your parents won't need it.

As far as going to the reservation without you, they won't have any problem at all.

Totally fine. I have never been asked for proof that I am who I say am. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter