(updated post #28) Would it be crazy to plan a Labor Day trip this last minute?

Queen of the WDW Scene

It's only MY opinion, YOU decided to quote it.
My sister and I JUST decided we REALLY want to go lol.
It would be just the two of us.
Probably a value resort, 2 day PH tickets plus MNSSHP tickets.
No dining plan. BOG lunch A DR.
Would it be too hard to plan our FP+ since we are eithin the 60 window already?

Sounds fun to me! You may not get the major headliners, but you never know! I took an impromptu trip in 2013 (about 6 weeks to plan). It was awesome!

Sounds like it could be a super fun trip. Just don't expect to ride every one of your favorite rides. Not saying it's impossible, just treat it like a bonus if you do get to. Enjoy the trip for what it is.

My sister and I JUST decided we REALLY want to go lol.
It would be just the two of us.
Probably a value resort, 2 day PH tickets plus MNSSHP tickets.
No dining plan. BOG lunch A DR.
Would it be too hard to plan our FP+ since we are eithin the 60 window already?
You'll be able to get FPs for most rides. For your two mornings, decide on which two rides you want to do at rope drop and plan accordingly.

I always stay offsite/onsite/offsite and when we decide to head to a park, I'm booking FPs during the 20 minute drive. Same for ADRs.

Have fun! :)

Looking at FP for 30 days out... the only FP that aren't available at all are 7DMT, FoP, Kilamanjaro Safaris, and ROL. So considering you're more than 30 days out, and FoP is hard to get even at 60 days, I think you won't be in much worse shape than if you booked a little earlier.

It's never a bad idea to go to Disney. :-)

I don't know how busy WDW gets for Labor Day, but I did an impromptu DL trip over that weekend last year (bought flights & left 4 days later), and the crowds weren't to bad! Rarely waited more than 40 mins and that was for major attractions! Hopefully you have just as much luck!

Last minute trips are my favorite! One time I planned a trip three days out. That was sure an adventure.

FP's shouldn't be TOO hard, just grab the best of what you see and make sure to keep checking back in case something better comes along!

I make my fp's 60 days out, then end up changing most of my fp's day of anyways. I think last minute trips are a breeze. :)

Ds and I are going Labor Day week and I'm not booking our room or buying tickets til tomorrow.

We did a last minute trip the week of Christmas/New Years one year. DS had a lacrosse tournament that was planned at Thanksgiving that fell through on Christmas Day. Since we had the airline tickets to Orlando already, I contacted Disney on 12/26 and arrived on 12/28. It was a ball. Had so much fun we did it the next year (although that year we planned in advance). We were able to get most of the FPs that we wanted and most of the ADRs also. Enjoy!

We just booked a week and a half ago for Labor Day weekend and were able to get a great deal at Copper Creek Villas, using the Kid Sized Enchanted Escape Package. We are so excited, we are keeping it a secret from our little guy!

Chug!! Chug!! Chug!!

Wait...I mean, go, go go!!! :thumbsup2

We haven't ruled out Labor Day, and may decide literally a week before. I have zero concerns about getting FP+, it'll be no problem.

Last year I booked a last minute trip for myself and DS11 - like, one week out. It was perfect! We really had no issues riding what we liked - and easily making ADRS. I feel like it was one of the least crowded times we've gone. I've booked again for this year too - we love it!!! Book that trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter