Would it be selfish?

Our anniversary is actually Christmas Eve, so each year DH and I forego Christmas & Anniversary gifts in favor of our annual pilgrimage to WDW in Nov/Dec.

Actually, the sad thing is we gave each other Disney gift cards for our birthdays too!:dance3:

And I'm pretty sure DH's recent birthday gift was our golf cart rental! :rolleyes1

Well Amanda, if I buy you a REALLY nice gift, could I come along? lmao

Really, I have been toying with this same idea, but we have to wait until after Xmas. Working retail, taking off at that time is tabu. Go for it and have fun!

Go for it!!! If anyone has a problem with it, tell them you'll get them something next year. :rolleyes1 Now...don't forget to bring a tent along in case your dear friend, and your kids' "auntie", wants to come down for a few days....:goodvibes

I can't wait to be in a position to be able to go to the Fort instead of gifts!

Just one of those milestones in our life right now where it seems expenses have outpaced the budget for "extra's". Not complaining, and we are still able to make a long weekend trip for just Nancy & I staying in a value resort to get away for a while. But hauling our TT down to the Fort is an expensive and time consuming adventure that requires more than our Christmas budget would allow.

We chose to limit gifts to just the kids, and draw names out of a hat as well. Saves a lot of stress over the holiday.

No:sad1: BUT Judy said if i have patience she will get me in.:)

If you take Kelly, you have to take me........we come as a pair. :thumbsup2

As far as the gift giving, being the youngest of 8, it started getting VERY expensive buying for all of my immediate family (46 counting just my siblings, their DH/DW's and kids!). Add to that my DH's family, and we were going broke every Christmas. Thankfully, my family started doing a Yankee Swap for all over 18, and for under 18 we draw names. I say forego Tom, Dick, and Harry and enjoy the fort with your family (and me and Kelly). :)

We chose to limit gifts to just the kids, and draw names out of a hat as well. Saves a lot of stress over the holiday.

I think we have finally agreed on that. We traditionally buy for over well 20 people. It's insane. I hope my wife remembers!

I think christmas gifts should only be bought for adults,,that shows the kids they have something to look forward too, :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter