Would you dare to book United for mid-March?

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
I am getting panicky because we can't get a decent fare on ATA for our mid-March trip...even American is cheaper. The cheapest of all is United, which I really used to like, but this bankruptcy thing has me worried. Plus, I recently read that they were fined for not doing proper maintenance (something to do with repairs to those wing spoiler things). That has made me nervous...what do you all think? Would you take a chance and book United for pay through the nose for ATA?
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

USAirways has been in bankrupcy since August and I booked them in October for next February without a second thought. They are the only airline with non-stops from Pittsburgh (except Air Tran now has a once daily but it leaves Orlando in the morning, killing your last day). All airlines maintenance is closely watched by the FAA, even more so those in bankrupcy. If there were big problems they would shut them down, which isn't going to happen. I don't think you are taking a "chance" booking with United, they are not going to go under.

I agree with DebbieB. You should have no problem with United. Even though USAirways declared bankruptcy, I still fly with them. I tend to book months ahead of time. The flight times tend to change, but I use that to my advantage. Go ahead, and "Fly the Friendly Skies of United".

We booked our flights with USAir before they filed for bankruptcy. They have changed our flights/times 5 times now and I'm really getting tired of it. So just beware that when an airline files they do alot of schedule changing to maximize their time/money. I probably won't be booking any further flights on USAir until they get their act together.

I forgot about the potential for schedule changes...we are pretty much locked into our times, since I have to work the day we leave for the cruise (which means our flight out has to be late). Coming home is more flexible, but the outbound could be a problem if they do a lot of rearranging.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I seem to be flying a lot of bankrupt airlines lately. The fares are cheap! USAir over Thanksgiving was a minor nightmare, but, and this is purely one anecdotal experience, I flew United just last week to visit relatives for Christmas, and got great service throughout. Also, they really make an effort to take off on-time-- it's a new company imperative. It seems like the last few flights I have taken on other airlines there didn't seem to be any rush to take off on schedule! Anyway, United may be in trouble, but they are still operating with a lot of professionalism. I'd book them again.

I think that United will bend over backwards to make sure that you get where you need to be. The airlines can not afford to alientate any more customers - and will get you into Orlando before your cruise. Any schedule changes will be made well before your depature date - and I bet they will work with you! I would not worry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter