Would you help with my plans...HS & MK dsys with weird FastPasses...

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
We’ll be in WDW very soon—I’m usually great at planning, but this trip we’re offsite so got weird FastPasses with weird times. A lot of backtracking with the FastPasses I currently have. I’ve tried to modify but no luck.
Couple things: we’re a family of 4 with 2 teen boys-so no Princess meet or greets needed. Going to HS for 1 full day rope drop till when we’re done. MK for 1 full day ripe drop till they kick us out.

HS—hours 9-8:30

FastPasses we have
TOT-11am-12pm
Toy story-1:05-2:05
RnR-2:10-3:10
ADR for Sci Fi at 11:40 AND 12:10–will cancel one Friday-not sure which one yet
**PLUS, we have extra 2 anytime use FastPasses that can be used on anything BUT Toy Story Rides

We plan to rope drop SDD & maybe Alien Saucers (is it like tea cups?!?! If so then no way, we’ll just meet & greet woody & buzz & wait in line for TSM). We’d like to ride Star Wars & do star wars meet & greets (we have the Disney visa)

MK—hours 9-10pm...then Disney after hours (we don’t have tickets for this) after that—do we have to walk out right at 10???

FastPasses we have:
Splash Mtn-10:40-11:40
Space-1:10-2:10
BTMRR-2:0-3:10
ADR for BOG at 11:55 AND 12:25–we will cancel one on Friday not sure which one yet
**PLUS we have 2 anytime FastPasses that can be used on any ride

Oldest DS requested we RD & our first ride of the day be Space Mtn—which we’ve never done before (we always did Fantasyland or Frontierland first) so I really don’t know how to plan after that. Plus DH will want to ride Buzz after that-it’s his favorite ride—but I know that’s a low priority ride to be riding at 9:30am.
We’d like to see & do it all—this’ll be our last trip for awhile.

ANYWAY, any advice you have on planning or scheduling or which ADR I should cancel would be much appreciated. I’d like to avoid as much crisscrossing as I can but it looks awfully busy to me.

TIA

My best advice is to keep trying to get better fp times, especially day before and day of, etc. That really is some crazy back-tracking. :confused3

HS looks doable. Saucers is skipable, but okay if you have 30 min to kill and the wait is less than 25. it's like Mater's at DL, not quite teacups but close. Your plan of Toy Story Land, followed by Star wars stuff will work, but the Disney Visa Star Wars meet and greet would be last because it doesn't start until 11. After the long jaunt to ToT, you should be able to make either SciFi, run back to Toy Story (unless you can do it in the morning) then back to RnR.

ToT is the easiest to move (we often see it as a 4th+), but you might have to do it while in the park.

For MK, do as the child wishes. It's fun to do stuff differently (even when we know our way is better). RD Space, Astro orbiter, Buzz, Cars, and work your way through Fantasyland to the train. Then ride around to Splash and walk back towards BOG. Since your are planning to RD Space, I would try to replace the Space FP with a better timed Splash or Thunder, Haunted Mansion, or something convenient to your path.

I wouldn't worry so much about the plan on these days and just go where you want. I'm sure I would probably end up changing these day-of, so don't stress too much if you use 2 out of 3 each day and waste the others on something not worthy of a FP.:thumbsup2 Just have fun!

We didn't find Saucers to be like Teacups at all. It moves slowly in a circle with an occasional whip-action which I found to be very much like the whip-action in Toy Story Mania (getting you from one target to the next).

Our teenagers thought it was a kiddie ride that would not be worth waiting more than 20 minutes for. If you do Slinky Dog first, Saucers is likely to have a longer-than-30-minute wait by the time you get off Slinky.

I'm actually surprised you were able to get Splash & Space at 30 days - we've often been blocked from those at our 30 day window. If you don't want to be backtracking so much, cancel your BTMR fp. Rope drop IT instead of Space. Then do pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc., before going over to your Splash fp. Try to get 4th fp in the afternoon for Buzz, when you'll be over there anyway.
-I would cancel the 11:40 ADR at Sci Fi and keep the 12:10 one. That would give you time to do a few extra things, like star tours or Indy, in the morning and hit your ToT fp closer to the end of it's window.
-Definitely keep your 11:55 BOG ADR and cancel the other one. This works best with your current fp's

So I RD SDD and then did A2S and was off before the park officially opened. At that point, though, TSMM wait was up to 30 minutes.
I would also say refresh, refresh, refresh. I had really good luck modifying day of stuff.
I also RD SM and then hit Buzz. Space was about a 15 minute wait, but I was by myself so when I got to the merge point, they actually sent me into a totally different line that had me skip a bunch of people.
Buzz was about 15 after I got off Space.
Fewer people head to Space than to SDMT so there's less of a crowd, but it backs up fairly quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter