Would you make a ADR for 4 when it is just you?

nat8199

DIS Veteran
I am going to Disney on a solo trip for my birthday. I have decided I want to eat at Tutto Italia, but the only reservation I can get is for 3 people... not 2 or 1. I reserved it, and put a watch out for a better one. I really don't think I will keep it, though. I feel guilty reserving a 4-top for just me.

WWYD?

Tough call! 99.9999999% of the time, I would not do it...but on my birthday, at Disney, where I really want to eat ?? !!!!!

Just keep hoping for an opening for 1 ! Decide when it gets closer.

I was able to pick up a Tutto ADR for one using the Touring Plans reservation finder. It took a while though.

Can you keep it, and then call and tell them you’d like to reduce the size of your party?

Keep it. You're better off searching for parties of 2 from here on out. Another user mentioned using touring plan's free reservation finder. It's fantastic, I've landed multiple reservations through it. Just be sure to have the MDX app and text notifications set to 'on' from touring plans. Last resort is showing up when it's to check in for dinner (typically starts around 4 pm) and simply inform the hosts that the other party members are feeling ill and can no longer make it. They will adjust as necessary and seat you at an appropriate table (most likely set for 2).

I've done just under 10 solo trips and this is my approach every time and it has never failed me. enjoy!

Thanks for the tip about searching for parties of 2. I am traveling solo and could not find a reservation at Liberty Tree, changed my search to 2 people and suddenly there are reservations available. Seems off, but I am ok with telling them the other person could not make it.

Thanks for the tip about searching for parties of 2. I am traveling solo and could not find a reservation at Liberty Tree, changed my search to 2 people and suddenly there are reservations available. Seems off, but I am ok with telling them the other person could not make it.

I discovered this years ago, so I always make reservations for two. I figure that I might meet someone I'd like to invite to join me for lunch. However, I've always been solo, just tell them the other person couldn't show up-never been charged.

I would keep the reservation and just call the day of your meal and tell them it's just one instead of four.

they're going to sit you at a table set for 2 regardless.

I would 100% do this, in fact I do this every ADR I make, even if I'm not solo. There is much better availability for 4 than 1 or 2 even. The second the reservation is made you can just go in and switch it back to 1.

One exception - for BOG breakfast or lunch - you can get party of 1 pretty easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter