Would you switch cabins?

Iheartdopey10

Earning My Ears
I am a fist time cruiser, but we are going with other relatives so I had initially booked a room down the hall from them so that we would be close by. They have ocean balconies and we have a Boardwalk balcony on the Allure of the Seas. I didn't want ocean view because frankly, all that water freaks me out. :eek: There are four of us in a room with a pull out sofa and the pull man thing from ceiling so we kind of have our own beds, but we'll be squished in one room. I was looking on line today and can book two inside staterooms for $676 cheaper and twice the space. Our current room is on deck 11 towards the back and the new rooms would be on deck 7 ALL the way in the front.

Will I miss my balcony? Or would the extra room be worth it?:confused3

Thanks for any advice!

Only you know if the balcony would be missed or not. Do you have problems with heights? Will you spend a lot of time on the balcony, given that people will be able to look up and maybe see you? Will the window blinds end up closed a lot because of the same problem?

I haven't been on Allure, but the promenade rooms on Freedom seemed to have that problem; at the beginning of the week the blinds were mainly open, and as the cruise went on they were shut more and more as I believe people realized they had no privacy.

Do you really WANT to be that close to extended family? Sometimes having some space is a nice thing when traveling with many people.

4 people in one room vs 4 people in 2 rooms does sound nice.

We have now had an oceanview, two balcony cabins (different cruises), and an inside cabin, and while we prefer to have at least a view, honestly, whatever gets us on that ship is a good thing. If it gets us on, gives us more room, and saves us money? That sounds like a winner to me.

I am a fist time cruiser, but we are going with other relatives so I had initially booked a room down the hall from them so that we would be close by. They have ocean balconies and we have a Boardwalk balcony on the Allure of the Seas. I didn't want ocean view because frankly, all that water freaks me out. :eek: There are four of us in a room with a pull out sofa and the pull man thing from ceiling so we kind of have our own beds, but we'll be squished in one room. I was looking on line today and can book two inside staterooms for $676 cheaper and twice the space. Our current room is on deck 11 towards the back and the new rooms would be on deck 7 ALL the way in the front.

Will I miss my balcony? Or would the extra room be worth it?:confused3

Thanks for any advice!

I think that having the extra space would be better ESPECIALLY if you are saving so much money!!! The cabins can get a bit small and the bathrooms feel even smaller! With 4 people, just think of the extra bathroom space, luggage space, getting away from other people space:dance3: If you are so inclined to sit on the balcony, I imagine your family will let you sit on theirs.:thumbsup2 As far as using the balcony while you are facing the boardwalk, only you can decide if that is important. Are you going to want to watch any parades or activity without wanting to be down in the mix of it? How are you going to feel with people being able to look up and see you? Having only cruised once, I originally had an inside room, however was able to upgrade, for no extra money, to an aft balcony :cool1: and unfortunately it has ruined me for anything less on future cruises.:rotfl2: Balconies all the way! I could just sit and stare at the water wake all day long! And it was my little oasis away from people, yet I was still getting the cruise feeling rather than a hotel getaway. For someone like yourself and not loving the water, you may not like it ... The cabins can get a bit small and the bathrooms feel even smaller! With 4 people, just think of the extra bathroom space, luggage space, getting away from other people space:dance3: If you are so inclined to sit on the balcony, I imagine your family will let you sit on theirs.:thumbsup2
Either way, you are on a cruise and going somewhere warm! Can't go wrong with that:cheer2:

I do like extra space and an extra bathroom. However, I do not care for inside staterooms. To me, they feel claustrophobic. I like to see what is beyond my room. Only you know what works for you. I personally would stay with my balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter